Health Insurance in China.

I would like to ask if anyone has successfully found a good health insurance policy for mainland China as I am having to look to UK based companies.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest that you post a request for insurance in the expat.com classifieds section. There are numerous people on this site that can offer insurance for you and help you out. Some of which, I am sure, are top class.  Best of luck.

Unfortunately, international hospitals in CHina or any doc who  gives a diagnosis in English charges something around the min. local salary in China.
On the other hand, most of china-based brokers inflate the prices or put too many restrictions in the package. Most likely you will end up with a useless insurance policies, this has been going for years now. I dont think things has changed in 2018.

European based and Hongkong based insurance companies are your best bet.

PS: I'll not be surprised to receive several PM with offers after posting in this thread  :lol:

Hi,

I work as an insurance broker for expats in China. In fact, it is a mature market and there are a lot of available policies. I do not agree with what ShanghaiDriver said. Actually most of my clients are covered well and it is a highly regulated market.

When you choose an insurance policy, it's better to consider at first:

1. What kind of hospitals you would like to visit: luxury facilities (like United Family or Parkway), normal private facilities, or VIP section of China public hospitals;
2. Your Budget;
3. Service; It's better to know if the insurance company can provide good service for expats, such as 24/7 hotline, bilingual service, direct billing, second medical opinions, etc.

Famous insurance companies (or service providers) in China I can think of: MSH, Ping An, Aetna, NowHealth, AXA. (Cigna and Generali are also good but I am not sure if they still have individual policies).