Driving in Tunisia

Hello.. I am from The US. In 2Weeks I will be going to Tunisia to marry my Algerian Fiancé.  We will be renting a car while there. I know I will need to obtain an International Drivers License Permit. Likely he will be doing majority of the driving. Will he need to have one also,  being from Algeria?.

As far as I know. For you, your passport works. I don't know about your fiancee though. He may need a special permit because they are driving distance from here

Thank you for your response. The car rental company we are renting from require IDL Permits. We may just consider taking public transportation. Not sure yet.

I'm going to Tunisia this Sunday, we were going to Rent a car but for this reason we're just going to take public transportation back and forth from Sousse and Tunis 😑😩 there's many different car rentals!

I traveled to Algeria by car several times and Tunisia is full of Algerians driving their cars. None of us was asked to apply for an extra driving license.
I have worked for so many years @ the American school of Tunis and none of the expat teachers was asked to apply for a special permit. However, some of them were always driving automatic transmission cars so they did choose voluntarily to learn some hours of driving to be familiar with manual transmission cars.
Welcome and good luck
Best regards