ESD online status showing "Reject"

Hi Team,

I have been hired by one of the malaysian SDN BHD company and been offered 5500 RM per month. I was looking to the online status for visa and its showing "Reject".

Is there any chance now this application can be resubmit or any chance of further approval?

Do I wait for the offer? Please help me out.

Yes, the company can Appeal the rejection by providing evidence to support your candidacy.

Usually the employer will be told the reason for the rejection so you could ask them.

Thanks Gravitas for response. It means there is a chance of the appealing from employer end. How long will take it now in proceeding?

Appeals are slow and take up to 2 months. To be honest it seems only technical issues lead to reconsidering.

By technical issues lack of advertising of a position is relevant as immigration say if a local Malaysian can do the job there is no need to hire a foreigner

Hmm.. Looks valid reason... Just wanted to know that my company is suggested to come with tourist visa for here and meanwhile they will be processing same..
1. Do any chance agent can make it fast?
2. Do it will be good to work and joined them in tourist visa?
3. Do my joining will valid under tourist visa? Or do I will get a chance to open my bank account in Malaysia bank?
4.is that will be legal?
5. How much percentage of chances if the company appeal is will get approved?.. Have you seen any such cases yet?

It is a job scam then.

It is illegal in fact to enter Malaysia to work on a Tourist Visa.  If you read the pinned threads above, you will see how this scam works.

New Job Scam in Malaysia
Indian Citizens - warning

The rule changed back in August 2016 whereby nationalities who require a visa have to get a Visa With Reference (VDR) before entering. The Malaysian consulate in either Chennai, Mumbai or Delhi provide it once the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) is available.

Basically you have 0% chance the company can get you an Employment Pass if you enter illegally as immigration will just deport you at any time they see how you entered - even if you try and find a legitimate job to change to.

The scam involves buying silence because as an Indian tourist you can only stay 15 days when on a tourist visa. So once you have overstayed (getting an EP takes about one month and the VDR can take more time) the only way to return home is to be deported and banned for 5 years.

There are several people who have been caught out and trusted "employers" who mis-use them. Apart from entering illegally and being trapped in Malaysia because of overstaying, the "company" deducts 28% income tax but does not pay it to the tax department, because it requires an EP to get a tax number. So working for peanuts is the final insult.

There are plenty of software engineering jobs around - wait and be recruited legally with a reputable company.Try looking in Penang as the lifestyle is far better than KL area.

Thanks a lot Gravitas 😊

@Gravitas- how can I check the status of my Ep/vdr online.
As per my employer they have applied and it will take around 1 month for single entry visa

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/application-status/

There is no longer a checker for MDEC posts

Hello,
May I ask why my company ESD was reject?
And also can't renew permit for worker?
My company was 10 years operations in Malaysia when I apply ESD for my worker was reject by migration..

If your company is in Sabah then employment immigration matters are probably handled by the State immigration department.

For peninsular Malaysia, ESD handles  Professional Employment Passes and FWCMS handles foreign workers http://www.fwcms.com.my/

My company in bukit bintang Kuala Lumpur..
I have share with foreign from Yemen country..
Tq for the link..

Workers from Yemen are not among the nationalities that can be classed as Foreign Workers. ESD deals with jobs with a salary of RM3,000 per month upwards

This is a link to the ESD guide (where you can check if your company qualifies to register) https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/tc-es … 180312.pdf

Yea already submit  offer letter the salary for my worker Rm5000 per month,everthing document is complete..

Tq for information 😊

Hi have you got DP10 visa approval?