How Riyadh has effected you and your life?

I do not mean it financially at all,its about the indirect effects of Riyadh,,,which may have improve disturb your life.

nonz wrote:

I do not mean it financially at all,its about the indirect effects of Riyadh,,,which may have improve disturb your life.

I like riyadh and I guess its weather and addicted to it as I spent most of my childhood time in this city.
There are many aspects which I would love to discuss with you personally should you want to take a chance on me some day ...

cheers

Like - lifestyle, definately have more time to spend
       food - good variety of food and no issues of halal/haram
       sunshine (believe me we dont get much in the UK)

Dislikes - dust,
         - driving (its hectic in KSA, needs to improve
         - ignorance...some people are impatient, impolite,

oraclefusions wrote:
nonz wrote:

I like riyadh and I guess its weather and addicted to it as I spent most of my childhood time in this city.
There are many aspects which I would love to discuss with you personally should you want to take a chance on me some day ...

cheers

yeah sure i would love to know that :)

Like - lifestyle, definately have more time to spend
       food - good variety of food and no issues of halal/haram
       sunshine (believe me we dont get much in the UK)

Dislikes - dust,
         - driving (its hectic in KSA, needs to improve
         - ignorance...some people are impatient, impolite,

This is true,,,,,,your comparison is undeniable

The changes u guys just mentioned 're quite materialistic(not blaming u) i may be unaware with the appropriate vocab for the situation i have been facing ...

Well if its female friends,they r with u until they find a better alternative,they keep using u in different aspects and talking about male friends;...they r too frustrated....or highly selfish and mean(i know everyone do not have same experiences)

Oh God ...If i compare Riyadh with my home city....Riyadh probably better when it comes to get facilitate but when it comes to people....most of them r s*** :mad:...I really want to go somewhere else and hide myself to all :sosad:

Oh Gosh!!I guess it sound like a whining baby :|

nonz wrote:

Well these changes 're quite material i guess .....I think i may be unaware with the appropriate vocab for the situation i have been facing ...Well if its female,they r with u until they find a better alternate and males?...they r too frustrated....
Oh God ...If i compare Riyadh with my home city....Riyadh probably better when it comes to get facilitate but when it comes to people....most of them r s***..... :mad:...I really want to go somewhere else and hide myself to all :sosad:

Would you please write correctly...
What I gather from your reply is that your home town is full of psychos and that you are quite happy being here...except for the fact that you don't like men in general and somewhat has a grudge against society, and that is why you would want to find a place where you can hide yourself.
If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it, so let us all help you and relieve you from your pains.

nonz wrote:

Well these changes 're quite material i guess .....I think i may be unaware with the appropriate vocab for the situation i have been facing ...Well if its female,they r with u until they find a better alternate and males?...they r too frustrated....
Oh God ...If i compare Riyadh with my home city....Riyadh probably better when it comes to get facilitate but when it comes to people....most of them r s***..... :mad:...I really want to go somewhere else and hide myself to all :sosad:

Is everything okay?  you sound really down...not your normal bubbly self

Hi Nonz
I absolutely uderstand. For a female it might be sometimes a hard time there. No chance to do some sport outdoor, walking outside is full of atracted car drivers etc. Just try to ignore it and build your group of friends asap, otherwise it can drive you mad. Good luck...:)

oraclefusions wrote:

What I gather from your reply is that your home town is full of psychos and that you are quite happy being here...except for the fact that you don't like men in general and somewhat has a grudge against society, and that is why you would want to find a place where you can hide yourself.
If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it, so let us all help you and relieve you from your pains.

No,i was half fainted when i typed "The bullshit"  its stupid of me to whine about something when i m not expecting u guys to help out (specially when i can not even write the actual situations):(

and i seriously not a kind of woman who whine so pathetically but yesterday 3 incidents happened to me and i got shattered completely ...but i have got this amazing HAppy go lucky attitude which helped me to get compose all the time...i m fine now :)

SaudiUK

i m so touched with your concerned and probably that's why i have tried to mention my actual problem :(

danielaj

u have no clue..my problems ARE due to F.R.I.E.N.D.S  enough of them......i been kicking my personal A** hard to keep them happy .....but i guess they do not deserve me :mad:

nonz wrote:

The changes u guys just mentioned 're quite materialistic(not blaming u) i may be unaware with the appropriate vocab for the situation i have been facing ...

Well if its female friends,they r with u until they find a better alternative,they keep using u in different aspects and talking about male friends;...they r too frustrated....or highly selfish and mean(i know everyone do not have same experiences)

Oh God ...If i compare Riyadh with my home city....Riyadh probably better when it comes to get facilitate but when it comes to people....most of them r s*** :mad:...I really want to go somewhere else and hide myself to all :sosad:

How they responded to your courtesies? .......Sorry I can't help you in overcoming the gloom.....but somehow I am curious to know the incidents to become more cautious in interaction with new F.R.I.E.N.D.S

nonz wrote:

u have no clue..my problems ARE due to F.R.I.E.N.D.S  enough of them......i been kicking my personal A** hard to keep them happy .....but i guess they do not deserve me :mad:

nonz, the hell with them, you can do better. Now will be the best time to take care of your personal life. It's their loss not yours. Besides, we can be here for you if you need us...hope you feel better now...cheers...

nonz wrote:
oraclefusions wrote:

No,i was half fainted when i typed "The bullshit"  its stupid of me to whine about something when i m not expecting u guys to help out (specially when i can not even write the actual situations):(

and i seriously not a kind of woman who whine so pathetically but yesterday 3 incidents happened to me and i got shattered completely ...but i have got this amazing HAppy go lucky attitude which helped me to get compose all the time...i m fine now :)

SaudiUK

i m so touched with your concerned and probably that's why i have tried to mention my actual problem :(

danielaj

You should immediately keep yourself away from a Friend who

1. Always talk about himself, being selfish, even claiming
   that [He] cares about you is sort of a selfishness in my book

2. Do not respect your privacy and give you enough space

3. Silence from your side annoys him and he starts using Sarcasm as a tool

There are many other tips that I can provide you but you got to promise me that you will not chase me in there.

malisohail

...Just be careful when it comes to be extra nice and helpful and keep fair distance to them and when it comes to integrity ,never compromise....so would never mess up with it :)

dynamo1131

..actually u r right and that's exactly i have planned to do with my life and thx for your kind words.. :kiss:

oraclefusions

...oh plz feel free to do so i wont ever chase ya anywhere..... :P

does any blog post here actually stay on topic here for more than 5 posts ?

kamiii wrote:

does any blog post here actually stay on topic here for more than 5 posts ?

This is THE topic !!!! since i have been feeling low ,they r trying to get me back....everyone is not like u ....who thinks 10 times before handing over his citrus ...huh :mad:

if I were a moderator .. I would have requested you to take the personal matters off the blog , and stick to the topic here :P

btw.. I don't get the point.. when the guy is taking the order.. you have all the liberty of ordering what you want... then why always lust for the thing the guy has..

kamiii wrote:

btw.. I don't get the point.. when the guy is taking the order.. you have all the liberty of ordering what you want... then why always lust for the thing the guy has..

Okie I just realized.. this could be interpreted in more than one ways .. so to clear it up .. we are talking about food orders here !!!

kamiii wrote:

if I were a moderator .. I would have requested you to take the personal matters off the blog , and stick to the topic here :P

moderator would never do this because they know i am nice lady and u tease me all the time so i m left with no choice to remind u all that ....and btw.....arn't u the one who been personal all the time ??? :/

kamiii wrote:
kamiii wrote:

Okie I just realized.. this could be interpreted in more than one ways .. so to clear it up .. we are talking about food orders here !!!

:offtopic:  .....................

hehehehe:P

any one up for tootie beiruti ?

i want it pllzzzz

i know it was :offtopic: but still..i m n hungry yar:(

nonz wrote:

i want it pllzzzz

lets go .. pick u up in 10 mins ?

wait .. i need to arrange a crane.. make it like 30 mins..

kamiii wrote:
nonz wrote:

i want it pllzzzz

lets go .. pick u up in 10 mins ?

wait .. i need to arrange a crane.. make it like 30 mins..

look! i know why u doing it :mad:

i know ya dunt want me to have an affair with anyone so the best think is to change their mind :dumbom:

but this not gonna work ya siddique i already got my leads   ......:joking:

lollll.. i have no idea wat u r saying ..

on a serious note ? u want some food ? omm nom nom nom

kamiii wrote:

lollll.. i have no idea wat u r saying ..

on a serious note ? u want some food ? omm nom nom nom

hehhehe yeah I do :)

Not in riyadh, but then saudi arabia can be condsidered as more or less the same thing..

well kinda miss the weekends- people would kill me if I would be stuck at home, sitting in front of FB, twitter, forums like this on a weekend. Had to be outside the place no matter what. the climate doesnt allow much of activity outdoors half the time of the year. and How much can you stroll around a shopping mall?

RedGoblin... I work so hard to steer the post in a totally off topic direction n u had to come ruin it with ur reply :p

You are very welcome my dear Kamii...  :D

RedGoblin wrote:

great..:lol:

It affected me in 3 ways:

1. My driving skills from city driver to defensive driver...let's face it it's either them or me...lol.

2. Finding things to keep me busy within the four corners of my room.

3. Timing my activities around prayer times so that shops/malls will be open.

cheers.

I dont know how each one of you gathers the time to think about the "10 things you hate about riyadh", especially the family guys.

I have a family (including a toddler) here with me and combine that with my job and an eventful weekend, I just get enough time to sleep.

Ok, I will try to answer the question. Saudi does things to your brain. Maybe shift a few neurons here and there. Whenever I go to Bahrain or Dubai and watch females without abayas or the cinemas or..(a long list), I feel my brain has been formatted. Bite me if you don't agree.

RedGoblin wrote:

RG,u 're such a darling......thx for doing it so   :P

Dynamo,I am So damn agree with all three points of your :)

The Blade,we wont bite u for this :P ,i know exactly your point but my concern was different

nonz wrote:
RedGoblin wrote:

RG,u 're such a darling......thx for doing it so   :P

Dynamo,I am So damn agree with all three points of your :)

The Blade,we wont bite u for this :P ,i know exactly your point but my concern was different

Well my dear seems you're doing better...hope it keeps up, the forum will not be the same if you're miserable...lol.

Regarding my points, it generally boils down to these three. There are others but this summarizes it.

@nonz: Saudi Arabia made me a thurki... Point closed. :D:D

hi...just want to ask if you guys are familiar with MAGRABI HOSPITAL in riyadh?thanx:)

stonefreakJen wrote:

hi...just want to ask if you guys are familiar with MAGRABI HOSPITAL in riyadh?thanx:)

Why don't u ask in a separate thread to get better response. By the way Magrabi is the biggest chain of optical center in Saudia and they have in recent years started their own hospitals in different cities.

RedGoblin wrote:

@nonz: Saudi Arabia made me a thurki... Point closed. :D:D

and u mean to say that you were not thurki before coming here.... yea right!

TEN LESSONS LEARNED IN ARABIA SINCE 1979

1. My patience has sharpened tremendously
2. I drive with my eyes behind me
3. Walk, dont run! Everything can wait, and, it must
4. Its better to do it yourself than expect someone else to do it for you, be it work, home or play
5. Nothing has happened until it has happened
6. You've only started your vacation once you've been cleared through immigration at the destination end
7. Don't complain about things that can never be fixed
8. Sleep tight for tomorrow is another, new, day
9. Fill your tank all the time. Yes, theres plenty of the black stuff underneath the ground but the station may be closed for a 1,001 reasons
10. Get yourself a GPS

musicman wrote:

TEN LESSONS LEARNED IN ARABIA SINCE 1979

4. Its better to do it yourself than expect someone else to do it for you, be it work, home or play

1979? Musicman you're a pillar already in KSA....lol.  I totally agree with you on all points. The thing that struck me most was point no 4. I'm thinking a different thing especially the "play" part ... lol.