After having been granted a family reuinion visa! How long?

I searched other forums, but could not find this specific topic.

Question: How long AFTER already having been granted a family reunion visa, will it take for my wife to receive her visa to come to Germany. She is Filipina, living in Philippines.

We have been granted the visa from the German Embassy in Manila already.

So the specific question is "how long until she has the visa and can come to Germany legally?"

Thank you,

deciduous wrote:

Question: How long AFTER already having been granted a family reunion visa, will it take for my wife to receive her visa to come to Germany.

I don't understand the question. Why would she need another visa after receiving one???
In fact, she can only have one valid visa at any one time. And with a valid visa, she can travel to Germany (within its validity period, of course).

I will attempt to explain the question again. 

1) The Landratsamt has informed the Deutsche Botschaft in Manila to issue the visa.

2) How much time, from that point on, will it take for my wife to receive her visa?

Better ask the embassy - by right it should be quick, but with buerocrats you never know ...

Yes, hard to get them to answer. Bureaucracy is right. I guess it´s the waiting game again. They have already gone over the legal limit, but there´s nothing I can do. It has been over one year.

Cheers...

Just for your information (not because I think it would help in your case):
According to regulations, German authorities (incl. embassies) must act within three months. If they don't (and it is not for reasons outside of their resposibility) you can sue them and might be entitled to damages. This is called "Untätigkeitsklage".

Good to know. I would love to sue them, but I do not want to make waves here as a foreigner. Good information to have. I have seen two attorneys about this so far and they both say we should have had the visa many months ago. I will give it another week and then rethink the next move.  Thanks beppi.