Visa_issue

Hi All

I need a clarification regarding visa cancellation.

This is for my friend spouse visa.

He(My friend) is from India and studied here in Malaysia. At the end of his studies, he got married and bring along his wife in dependent pass then she went back to India after a month or two. He got a job after completing his studies so he cancelled his student pass and  proceed to employment pass. Now he called his wife back to stay in Malaysia (Using student dependent pass) but then while processing her dependent pass, immigration told him that my friend passport has been black listed because he didn't cancel her pass during his cancellation.
Firstly, she was not there during his cancellation. Secondly whats the point black list him?
Any suggestion ?
Thanks

I guess the point is she used her student spouse visa to enter the country ILLEGALLY and immigration have reacted accordingly by blacklisting her passport.

Although her student DP was not cancelled in the actual passport, it was INVALID because her husband's student pass had been shortened.

I guess they will have to eat humble pie and apologise for their oversight and hope immigration accept this.

Perhaps if she enters on a Visa with Reference VDR that would be a better solution if immigration approve this suggestion.

I think you need to involve your embassy because she probably does need help leaving the country to put matters right.

The POINT is that breaking the law is never a good idea and if caught there are consequences - sometimes very harsh ones.

she didn't enter illegally. she tried to apply visiting pass but couldn't able to get one because of DP. So she thought of  cancelling it after reaching here.

Now immigration ask her to go back. Is she still need embassy help or can exit without embassy help?

She did enter on an invalid pass.

I think she needs to talk to her embassy because the blacklist is on the immigration database and without proper preparation her exit could add to the problems. The High Commission will advise her accordingly.

They didnt blacklist her but her husband passort has been blacklisted.

I see. So does that also mean he can't apply for a DP for her?  But he does have an valid EP?

Yes. She needs to go back and enter again with single entry pass to get her DP under employment pass.

That is logical. I guess when her DP pass is sorted out (i.e. he is deemed responsible for her entering improperly) then his blacklisting will be lifted?

Just stating the obvious - I would expect her "old" DP should be cancelled before she departs for India and the forthcoming DP under EP processing plus VDR? Did Immigration ask for this to be done - or are they assuming it is obvious enough?

it is expiring on March 07 so will it be cancelled automatically?

It would normally be "shortened" which means the same as "cancelled". The employer should enquire with ESD.

The normal process is to show the flight ticket exiting Malaysia and get the DP shortened to match that date. This is the legal way to exit Malaysia

What would concern me is how she leaves the country and of course it should be before 7 March.

i think all they are just predicting the consequences. That his black list will be solved if she went back.  is it possible that black listed status will be solved automatically if she return back?

The answer to that will come when the new application for the DP is submitted.

Yes exactly. Hope it will be okay. Is there any poaibility of blocking her ? Because if you exit from country there will be colling period. In this case she also had this DP problem. Will that affect her entry back to Malaysia?