Return Flight / Visa

Hi,

I will be entering Vietnam on a tourist Visa and then I will hopefully be able to get a business visa. Will I require a return flight because I am entering on a tourist visa, this will likely be a 90 day visa.

No.   (some?) airlines might try that old trick, but it was ratified back in 2012
and besides, you can always say you are leaving by car, bus, boat, train, (etc)

If you read the FAQ in the (real) Viet Nam Immigration website, the answer
is there for all to see.

Bazza139 wrote:

No.   (some?) airlines might try that old trick, but it was ratified back in 2012

is there for all to see.

Sometimes I booked two one-way flight (2 different airways) instead of a return flight .
Almost every time I was called out at the European airports (when changing the plane) and had to show the return ticket.
I don't know what would have happened if I really couldn't show a return flight.

Bazza139 wrote:

is there for all to see.

Can you give us a link to that website?  It could take a while to find it from scratch. 

Also even if the airlines refuse to sell one a one way ticket, they kind of have the upper hand.  As a consumer your only recourse may be to shop around until you find one that will.  Perhaps there is a legal case that could be won but at what cost.