Telecommunications in California

Hello dear Members,

Can you please list some of the main Internet Service providers in California? You may also include the cost related to their Internet subscription.

Another issue related to the telecommunication topic, is mobile plans. Can you please share with us:
>With which operator are you subscribed to?
>How are you finding their services?
>What kind of facilities do they offer?

Lastly, what is the best option according to you to make long distance calls in California?

Your views/suggestions will be highly valued.

Wish you all a great day & thanks you in advance for your participation.

ISP's in California: Many of the major phone companies offer an internet plan but often they make you bundle other services with them. The average monthly cost for high speed internet at home will cost around $40-60 per month. Interestingly, the price range is the same in MANY less wealthy countries. It's sad really that other governments either can't subsidize the high cost or force the phone companies to offer lower prices. Like in Colombia, the cost is 40-50$ per month when people earn an average of $400/mth! that is thievery. For cell phones: It's going to be the same companies and they all try to force you to contract with them for 2 years at least. Currently TMOBILE has the best plans in the US. My family and I have Tmobile for cell phone use. I have unlimited US calls and texting for $45 per month. When I want to call overseas, I have to link my number to a website that routes my call overseas. The companies I do business with online are:
Tel3advantage.com, Rebtel.com, AlloMaghreb.com, Pingo.com, and Jaxtr.com.
I have an account with all of them. You prepay for the use and just call the country you want. You must make sure you have an unlimited talk plan in the US so you don't get charged per minute. For example, with Rebtel you input the overseas number and you get a local US number that is linked to the overseas number. you simple call the local US number anytime you want to call that person overseas! It's awesome. For Tel3advantage, you choose a local US number and you can program speed dialing for all your overseas numbers. It's similar with the other one's I mentioned. The cell phone that has the best network is Verizon BUT the worst phone plans. ATT has great phones BUT the WORST network. Sprint is a little better than ATT.
Another option is just do prepaid. The two best are BOOST MOBILE, and Cricket wireless. With Boost, if you stay with them for six months, they will reduce your monthly bill by $5 and every six months up to the 18th month. By then, your monthly bill will always stay at $15 less. Just don't miss your payments. Their plan is called Shrinkage and it's great!. Cricket offers a long distance extra of $10 that let's you call certain countries UNLIMITED. So there you have it.