VA. FMP and health exam

I'm a 100 per cent Veteran.  I will be using the VA FMP and TRICare are for my insurance in Panama.  I was just wondering.  If there are any Veterans in Panama.  That are using any of the above two health insurance.  Have you run into any difficulties?  Is there any information you could give me to help me out.  Also, since I'm applying for my Pensionado Visa when I arrive.  I guess I need to see a physician for a physical.  What exactly is the process?  Thanks for your time.  l look forward to hearing All responses. 

Que tengas in gran Dia,
Julie

I believe Tricare works here but I don't know for sure.
As for the physical, where will you be? Here in David you just walk in either hospital and ask to see a doctor. Maybe you have to come back the next afternoon if the doctor you need wasn't planning to stop by that hospital. In general, in the private system, care is fast, easy, affordable, and excellent. It's the same doctors in the public system but you have to wait longer.

Thank you for your answer.  I will be with my attorney in Panama City.  When I arrive to start my Visa.  I think that their is a private hospital in the City.  Do you just see a doctor for your checkups at the hospital?  In the States we just make an appointment at the doctor's office.  I'm sure there will be an adjustment for me.  Just like it would be any where you live.  Being in the military nurse for over 20 years.  I had to get  familiar with different cultures and different diversities.  I'm very excited to immerse myself in the Panamanian culture.

I will be living outside of the town.  In the last residential homes roughly ten homes and roughly 12 miles from the Costa Rico border.  I have rented a nice duplex.  The owner is from Australia and is absolutely wonderful.  I will be going into David for my medical needs.  If you have the name of the private hospital you go to that would be great.  I also will be traveling to David from Puerto Armuelles once a month for shopping.  As soon as I get settled I will be going to David to buy a bike and some clothes shopping.

I hope that some day we can meet in person.  Again, mucho gracias and bendiciones sean.

I thought I was replying to you.  It was posted instead.  Please look at my post that was meant for you.

Hi! I figured that was directed at me :) Your attorney can probably direct you to a doctor for your checkup. Here, we generally don't go to doctors unless we need something. My husband is a vet so he gets checked by VA when we go to the US to visit family.
Here, it's customary to just walk in. Often, if the doctor isn't in,  they make appointments for everyone at 3pm when the doc is finished with his/her work in the public system. People wait in line to be seen. Sometimes it takes a while, but you know when it's your turn you will get as much time as you need. Chiriquí Hospital is the larger private hospital in David, and Mae Lewis is the other. Both have doctors offices.
Interesting you are a nurse. Me too, but the closest I came to military was as a civilian nurse at Ft Riley, Kansas.
Yes, let me know when you get settled! I can take you to my favorite bike shop here :) I'll send you a message with my email address so we can keep in touch.

Contact the hospital Las Brias in panama city. Google, panama health alliance. Or [email protected]
Tele 978 8201