Saudi girl to marry a foreigner

Hey,
My name is Sara, here to ask for a little help in regards to my best friend.
So, i have a friend who is in a bit of a situation. She is originally from Saudi but has studied in a foreign country, she has then met someone who she wishes to marry.
The thing is,  her father who is a typical Saudi, is against her wishes. He seems to be not u understanding  at all and he seems a little violent to me personally. (use of harsh language, etc. If she doesn't follow what he says)
I was wondering if there is any solution to this particular type of situation?
She is still abroad and feels very depressed about the topic.
Bless her.
I would appreciate any sort of help or feedback,
Thanks.

Saraken wrote:

Hey,
My name is Sara, here to ask for a little help in regards to my best friend.
So, i have a friend who is in a bit of a situation. She is originally from Saudi but has studied in a foreign country, she has then met someone who she wishes to marry.
The thing is,  her father who is a typical Saudi, is against her wishes. He seems to be not u understanding  at all and he seems a little violent to me personally. (use of harsh language, etc. If she doesn't follow what he says)
I was wondering if there is any solution to this particular type of situation?
She is still abroad and feels very depressed about the topic.
Bless her.
I would appreciate any sort of help or feedback,
Thanks.

That is indeed a complex situation, and to be honest a family matter that should be only discussed by family. Anyhow, i would still lay my input.

A father is Father. He is the head of the family and when it comes to situation to such as you described, he and only he gets the greater say. As you said he is "typical Saudi" hence he did be checking some factors why and why not a guy can marry his daughter. Such as, is he a strong Muslim, what kind of Muslim, education, Occupation, Age, Salary and most importantly family background. These are just some factors am just laying down. Might be that all that factors are okay to everyone who knows the guy, and he might be a very well off individual. However, if the father says no. It is a problem.

The only advice i did give you to give to your friend is, let her man in question come to Saudi to meet the family of the lady. Let him come with one or two of his family members and try to talk to the father and let him understand he has good intentions for her and would very much like his blessing. The lady should also contact other family members of her that she knows can talk to the dad to calm him down and reason for her to marry the said guy.

If all this goes south, and they still want to get married anyway. They could just go ahead and marry outside the kingdom and that would be it. however i did advice against that.

Best of Luck.

Thank you so much for help and guidance.
The guy seems to be alright from what i have heard, is a practising Muslim. There doesn't seem to be a problem from his side, from whatever i was told and i know.
However, i know her family a little bit and her father has been a demanding and similar actions have been repeated in the past but, on a smaller scale.
In the case of her marrying abroad, what pros and cons are there? She is in Europe at present.
What else can she do? if all else fails?

Saraken wrote:

Thank you so much for help and guidance.
The guy seems to be alright from what i have heard, is a practising Muslim. There doesn't seem to be a problem from his side, from whatever i was told and i know.
However, i know her family a little bit and her father has been a demanding and similar actions have been repeated in the past but, on a smaller scale.
In the case of her marrying abroad, what pros and cons are there? She is in Europe at present.
What else can she do? if all else fails?

I do not think there would be much advantage and disadvantage to talk about if they happen to marry abroad. But the advantage here would be they can happily get married and live as a family without any delays and conflicts. and the disadvantage here would be, no family members present at the wedding and having to live your life with forever having problems with the dad.

As you said, it seems the dad seems to be a very hard nut to crack. So if really there is no way in getting him to agree to the marriage and she feels this guy is who she did want to spend all her life with, then she should go ahead and marry him abroad. For in everything i have come to know, love always wins. Maybe, and just maybe when they marry and give birth to his first grandchild, he might change his mind and accept them. Time heals pain and does change people.

Best of luck.

Hi,
The conservative culture practiced in Saudi Arabia is quite known; moreover, it's more of a gap between generations and family background. Take for example the Italians, Indians, Cubans etc - people from there only marry from within based on their parents consent.

Your friend must be cautious about her actions, and try to shape things up. I guess she has to buy some time, and avoid irrational decisions. Her father is a factor in issues related to her matrimony ; that I bet she knows from childhood. Seeking legal action against her father is never going to work, it only works in Western countries.

A diplomatic approach to break the jinx is the best resort - it's going to be tough I can say. I do understand that she is in love with her foreign bloke, which is fine.

To ask further, where is she staying overseas? Is the preferred man from the same place.?

My dear family first.. If they not welling to get marry with.. So, they will have something better for u..

She ain't living with her fam when married - you know why the divorce rate is so high especially in the Middle East?

I would like to know about Who is non- saudi girl while living in her country what is the procedure for paperwork of the nikkah with  non-saudi person(Pakistan) who is eligible to living in his lifetime in Saudi arabia.

The thing is Islamically, that is her right. she has looked for all Islamic factors rather than anything else such as being Muslim, etc.
What is the use when every next marriage proposal is going to be a 'no' for her anyway. I feel that would be unfair with her as well as the next family or guy in question (in future), as she has feelings for another?
She has given her father the Islamic right he has, which is as a guardian, but what to do when he doesn't respect that himself?
I don't understand, she is going to be leading that life with him herself, not the her father or her family?
This is then passed onto the next generation as well, which can have nasty effects.
I understand that the topic is sensitive, but a lot of people get affected just by one decision itself.

Mohammed1010 wrote:

Hi,
The conservative culture practiced in Saudi Arabia is quite known; moreover, it's more of a gap between generations and family background. Take for example the Italians, Indians, Cubans etc - people from there only marry from within based on their parents consent.

Your friend must be cautious about her actions, and try to shape things up. I guess she has to buy some time, and avoid irrational decisions. Her father is a factor in issues related to her matrimony ; that I bet she knows from childhood. Seeking legal action against her father is never going to work, it only works in Western countries.

A diplomatic approach to break the jinx is the best resort - it's going to be tough I can say. I do understand that she is in love with her foreign bloke, which is fine.

To ask further, where is she staying overseas? Is the preferred man from the same place.?

exactly, that's is the point, so many considerations and factors that contribute to that. It is quite sad really. Acceptance doesn't seem to be a strong element in such cultures, unfortunately, especially when it comes to things like these.
She is at the minute in Europe and I think the guy is from UK himself. He is a revert himself but it has been a while.
both are Muslims, so they understand all the factors.