Shopping in São Paulo

Hello dear members,

I guess this could be an interesting topic. I invite all members in Sao Paulo (both locals & expats) to share their daily/weekly/monthly experience about shopping. You may also include some shopping tips/suggestions!

So can you please share with us:

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
(Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat)

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
(Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products!)

Awaiting for your contribution ;)

Best Regards

Hi Yud,

Actually I didn't do much shopping. but I do have some places for eating out and buying stuff :)

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
As I live in Vila Olimpia area, I normally walk to nearby supermarkets; Pão de Açúcar
and Compre Bem. Also, 1 day a week, there will be a street market where I can buy a fresh vegetables and fruits. I think all neighborhoods have this kind of market :)

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
For shopping, I would go to João Cachoeira, there are many shops along this street that you can just do a window shopping, or really buy somethings :)

Sometimes, my husband and I would like to eat out, so we will walk around 1-2 km around our place, there are few streets nearby that you can find good restaurants. I also used to go to Vila Olimpia Shopping on the 5th Floor (if I remember), the Japanese Restaurant there is good quality and good price.

I'm also new here, so I don't really know much places, hope I give others some places to try :))

Makharm

Thanks you Makharm, for your contribution ;)

Who can afford to shop in Sao Paulo?! Coming from the Bay area California, I find everything insanely expensive!