Touring Montenegro

Hello, I'm doing a meandering tour of the Balkans starting in four to six weeks (depending on temperatures!) and am particularly drawn to Montenegro. I love nature and peace and quiet and also cultures and experiences different to my own, can anyone recommend any must sees, quiet areas to camp, festivals etc?

Thanks.

Greetings from Herceg Novi!

I'm biased (obviously) but the Bay of Kotor is stunning.  Not sure about where to camp/backpack but you've got to see this place!

I'm planning a trip north to Zabljak in April (a tad bit warmer) and check out Tara River canyon and the surrounding mountains.  I'll keep you posted and have some pics/videos too.

Come and enjoy a laid-back country, and a low cost of living . . . that's why I retired here from the U.S. :-)

Nick

Hi,

Also I am a nature lover hence make camps in Turkey and around if possible. Found this site; hopefully it answers you question.

https://en.camping.info/montenegro/campsites

All the best,
Zel

Thanks for the reply Nick, of course I wouldn't miss Kotor! Zabljak and the Tara river canyon seem like an ideal place to start, like you I'm waiting for it to warm up before leaving.

Thanks for the site Zel, I hadn't found that one, it's very helpful...I'm sure there will campsites in the countryside that don't appear on websites and also opportunities for wild camping too?

Thanks again.

Christotem, hello!
How was your trip? Have you been to Ulcinj?