Permesso di Soggiorno

Hi, I've got a 4 month visa for Italy and will apply for a Permesso di Soggiorno - residenza electiva - when I arrive in 2 weeks.
I can't find or read anywhere how long the Permesso is valid for...I am assuming a year or maybe 2.  My ideal plan would be to come for 3 or 4 months twice a year.
I wouldn't want to have to go thru the Permesso form twice a year though.
Also, are the sportello amico at all poste italiane or only certain ones?
Any advice or recommendations?
Ciao
JenRen

Hey Jen,
From my experience, the duration of the permesso depends on the visa. For residenza elettiva it could last for 24 months (2 years), but again, depending on your visa. If I had to guess, you'll get a permesso that lasts for 4 months as per your visa.

Within 8 business days, you need to present the visa at the Questura in your area (the police station) in the sportello immigrazione. If the questura is anything like the one in Pavia (where I live) be prepared for chaos and long wait times. I hope you speak a bit of Italian.

For Sportello Amico, you can call this numero verde 803.1601 to see which one is closest to you. Even if you go through them for the permesso, they will still send you to the Questura for fingerprints.

Grazie,  yes I speak some Italian, but prob not enough to argue a point.
I'm fearing that an easy option for someone might be to issue the Permesso for the same length as the visa, but if I were to return to Italy later this year, even on a tourist visa,  essentially it means that I'd be required to fill out a renewal of a Permesso and possibly the same scenario nest year. Doesn't make sense to me, but know knows how it works here
Having bought a property here, I want to ensure that things go smoothly and whatever I do helps towards an end goal of being able to live in Italy for at least half a year for many years to come
So Ive wondered if there are immigration lawyers that would deal with this, it might just make things easier in the long run..

hi everyone, I have question I would appreciate it if you help me,
I have one year permesso di soggiorno which is still valid, but I have been out of Italy for 8 months, I am planning to go to italy soon, I've read that after 6 months being out of Italy the permesso won't be valid, does it mean I can't enter the country anymore? Or I just can"t renew my permesso di soggiorno?

hello, i have a little problem. After submitting my documents at the questura for carta di soggiorno familiare ue, i checked the status and it said stay document in question. now when i check my typing my practical number i dont see anything. what might be the problem? thanks.