Housekeeping in Saigon

Hi to everyone. Me and my bf looking for a house maid 24/7 with live in. We don't have children and live in 3 badrooms apartment.  After my long searching and asking local people i found out that salary for maid 24/7 live in 3,5-6 mil vnd per month. But what a pity... when i asked company for housekeeper or people who did such job before they told me price around 500$ per month 😔 I think it a little bit overpriced because local people with master diploma receive less. Is it fair? Just want to ask advice and maybe someone can help me to find the house helper? For me is also very sad that when company of this service see that im foreign - they trying make double price😔😓 I will appreciate so much if someone can help me with this. Wish a good day to everybody.

The average lived-in housekeeper received 5M/month plus room and board, with one full day off each week.  If you keep her for a year, Tet bonus (at least 3M) and paid time off for Tet are expected.

That what i was expect. But problem for me that I'm foreign and cannot find anyone 😔

Don't go to any agency.  Ask your building maintenance person, the security person, or the receptionist.  Everyone knows someone who needs a job.

I don't know why but everybody i asked cannot recommend me noone 😔 i thought it easy... But looks like not for foreign

Probably because of the live in part.  Many Vietnamese women may not feel comfortable living in some strangers' home, especially when the strangers are foreigners. 

What is you offer the job as breakfast to dinner?  She can go home before it's too dark, then come back in the morning to wash the dinner dishes, cook breakfast, and start the day.  Would that work?

Actually we prefer she stay with us, because sometimes guests coming and we need help. We provide personal room and food for her

I understand that, but that's the problem.  You need live-in, while most women are leery about spending the night with strangers.  Not that you would do something bad to them, but trust is not something easily comes when people don't know one another.

I found its hard also until I was advised not to use words like "Maid". So I changed to "hiring staff" and got a great one immediately that has been with me for over 5 years.