Obtaining a Korean Visa for Vietnamese Citizen

Hi,

Would anyone be able to help me out here. I am looking into a tourist visa for my partner. We are planning on heading to Korea next year 2019 around mid February for about 2 weeks. I've been before so I know I won't need a visa coming from Australia if I'm staying less than 30days unless it has been changed since.

However, I know vietnamese citizens will need to obtain a visa for Korea regardless how long they're going for. Would anyone be able to tell me about the process and what is needed. I heard that a certificate of job is required and savings in a bank of about $5,000usd or 100million vnd. Is the process of obtaining a visa for vietnamese citizens hard. I have heard people being rejected and losing the money they paid for the visa application.

Thanks in advance.
We would like to know it earlier than closer to the day we plan to go.

Had previous experience

Best and most timely option for Vietnamese citizen is to book a tour package to Korea. There are individuals who hang around outside the South Korean Embassy who can point you in the right direction.

Thanks for your reply. Because my partner lives in Nha Trang area and I know South Korea Embassy are in Hanoi and Ho Chi Mimh only. Is it a best bet to go to an airline travel agency for it. I understand tour package are easier but because we prefer to do our own travelling in Korea.

Here's my experience about my recent trip to Korea alongside my VN girlfriend, but moreover, how we could get her korean visa.

Last year, I had planned to travel to Korea on June this year to attend a famous electronic music festival (UltraKorea 2018) for 3 days. In order to that, I had to buy the tickets online beforehand, one under my name and  the other under hers. Second, I booked an Airbnb (8 days) as I wanted a place that we could cook and wash our clothes, too. At this point, no flights tickets had been purchased yet.
Now, with accommodation and a valid excuse to go to Korea, we began the korean visa application process:

From her side, the most complicated part is to have enough money to prove that she can afford the trip and come back to her homeland. It is true: you need the $5000USD or the 100M VND, but based on her feedback, it's recommended to have it in a known trusted bank; in this case, she opened a saving account at BIDV. Once she did that, I transferred the money exactly one month before the expected departure date to Korea. In addition, she paid someone that help her out with all the paperwork: application form, passport, copy of the reservation the place we would be staying at, copy of the tickets and information about the venue the music festival would be held at.

From my side, I sent a copy of my passport information page; I do not know if this helped her provide more proofs that she would come back to VN, but due to my job, I have to (and have traveled) to other countries for a while, and maybe this sort of information added more secure reasons that we were going to Korea for leisure and vacation and nothing else.

Then, she gathered all the papers and headed to the Korean Embassy in SG, handed them over, and wait for about 8 business days.

Finally, she'd got the visa stamp on her passport with only week to book the flights for both.
I was so damn happy because it was her first time abroad, and we enjoyed the time of our lives there.

By the way, we could get by ourselves with no tour packages or stuff. We moved around by following a very informative website that helps you with everything you need to get around in Seoul.

Hi,i am thinking to bring my girl friend to Korea for a leisure trip. Do you mind to share where i can i get a person to help prepare necessary document for visa application? We plan to apply the visa in Vietnam. Thanks.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or share the names/contact details through the private messaging system of the website. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct