What makes Paris the most visited city in the world?

Hi,

Paris is -I think- the most visited city in the world... What makes it so beautiful?
Is it "la butte de Montmarte", "Notre Dame", "Le louvre", "les Champs Elysées", "le parc du Luxembourg"?

Is it the romance aspect of the city that made it so famous? (Paris is know as the "lovers city")

Or is it the famous french food and wines that make so many people come from all  around the world every year?

I went to Paris for my vacation in August.  (I will not spam you with links to my pictures, but they are on my blog! *grin*)

I went because of the romance, because it's beautiful and wonderful and stuff.

Then there's the history, of course.

... it must be that "ugly" metallic structure...  I can't think of the name "tour quelque nom" ...

You must be talking about the Tour Effeil

Thomas11 is right, the ugly metallic stuff is actually a tourist magnet in disguise :lol:

Julien, your forgot an aspect: maybe it's because of the Parisians, so friendly and helpful ? ;)

I like the cafés, the museums, the Seine, the atmosphere for the night...
I love my city, but here, all is big, new...

Paris (and all Europe) has got amazing historical treasures!

Everything is beautiful in Paris, you can find everything that you want !
There are plenty museums and cafés, lots of historical buildings.
Paris has lots of charm !!!

.... but just for tourists ;) when you leave there, you find Paris crazy and Parisians not easy going ... whatever it still one of the most beautiful city in the world.

Paris
people flock here because it is so oh la la-
and everyone knows that if you walk any street
of Paris while carrying
a baguette under your arm
you are instantly part of the chic scene!
Everyone fits in Paris.

my first visit to paris was because of the tour de france final stage in 1999 when lance armstrong first won the tour. so the first sight-seeing spot was the champs elisee.

and i have to admit, the next place i visited after that was the tour eiffel. that thing might be ugly to some people, but i truly thought it was very impressive - and a LOT bigger than i pictured it.

I figure there is something magical :D

I think that also movies give this image of romantic Paris.

Nothing compares with Paris! Its the whole atmosphere, the beautiful old Parisian buildings, the way the city is laid out with the to-sees strategically placed throughout the city. Transportation is great, its clean, its pretty - its just a very elegant city. The French are also very polite, which I appreciate. The language strictly follows a polite tense and casual tense. And vow be thee if you get them wrong!
I have no confusions at all why Paris is the most visited city in the world!
There are no cities that compare with Paris. It does get too crowded in the summers.

Julien wrote:

You must be talking about the Tour Effeil

I don't think he's talking about the eiffel tower. Everyone knows what the eiffel tower is, and where it is.

Just because the whole city is a museum, and still a relatively cheap one.

Hello! I am ashamed to say this, but I was not that impressed by Eiffel Tower as well...may be because we have here in Russia the 2nd tallest tower in the world... What I was really fascinated by was Versailles, one of the most beautiful places in the world. We also have Russian Versailles near Saint Pete, it's called Peterhof and that's my favourite place. Has anybody been to it? Just look at it: http://www.worldwalk.info/en/catalog/300/