Italian/Mauritian moving back to Mauritius...

Hi all!
     I'm a Mauritian and I've lived in Italy for almost 6 years now. In 2 weeks I'll be moving back to Mauritius to open a shop in Ruisseau Créole, and I was wondering what life in that area is like, especially when you're new....
Thanks! Looking forward to reading you!!
Bobina!

Hello Bobina :)

Welcome to the Expat-blog! I'm sure those who live around that area will be able to help you out on that. Otherwise it's still sunny here.. Not too sure about nightlife in Tamarin; you might eventually have to go to flic en flac for that!

See you soon!

Hey Alisa!
Thanks! Only 10 days left now and I can't wait! I'm a bit dreading all the paperwork and everything once we get there, but once we're done our new life can begin! I really hope we'll make new friends and be able to have a decent social life! Hopefully the shop will help us meet more people, but I'm a bit worried as I don't really see the Ruisseau Créole as a place where lots of people go... Is it just an impression?

Cheers!

Bobina wrote:

I don't really see the Ruisseau Créole as a place where lots of people go... Is it just an impression?!

Correct, it is out of the reach of many Mauritians.  That said, if you are looking for customers with higher levels of disposable income, it should be ideal.  All depends on what you plan to sell in the shop.

Good luck,

Stephen.