Driving License...

Hi Everyone,

I am Australian, Just would like to know how I can convert my Australian Driving License to kuwaiti Driving License...what is the procedure for that, I heard that I need to attest my license from department of foreign affairs, is that true?  can someone please give any inputs...

Regards

MaM

ok are you ready for the process guess it will be similar to my British one.

Get license translated by Embassy into Arabic
Get Attested at Ministry
go and get forms from local licensing centre, but make sure you have work permit from employer
take forms to police chief, make sure you have letter from employer with salary details and no objection to having license.
Back to local license centre
then to clinic for eye test
then to clinic for blood test
then to licensing centre  for license

Approx 3 weeks and 100kd :cool:

Happy days

Thanks scotty,

I thought it was just a easy process, but seems little bit of run around, anyway thanks for giving this info.

Cheers

i just got my license yesterday... after 8 loong months!!...

lol, it took me 5 tries, almost the same amount of time, and more money than i care to recount, and for what? just yesterday i saw a giant Yukon run a red light coz he was too busy to wait.

the problem with kuwait is we have good looking roads (relatively), a good system to catch law-breakers (some what), but very savvy drivers, with fast cars and short fuses.

i hate driving here... im always cursingg and being so angry... i had hard time getting license cuz im here in family visaa.. so they dont give licensee them. it was so weird cuz i have american license.. so after searching for long timee.. we wastaa!! I hate how you need wasta for everything

yeah, i know. wasta is the one word all expats in Kuwait know in arabic!

mind u there are 2 types of wasta; influence & cold hard cash. id go with the former if its available, as the latter can lead to rather sticky situations :S

Hi Everyone, thanks for discussing this very interesting topic.
I've been here in Kuwait for only a month, coming from France I'm actually driving with the french driving licence.
As soon as I get the visa I will unfortunately have to go through this heavy process....but I also have the UAE driving licence, does anyone know if it's possible to use it instead ? I believe there are some agreements between GCC countries.....
Thanks for you answer guys

have any one wasta tell me please

i can help for the license

i am indian . I am working in uae , Just would like to know how I can convert my uae Driving License to kuwaiti Driving License...what is the procedure ?