Romanian rezidence card

Hi all i just signed up on this site because i need some information about romanian rezidenc card like family member from non eu state. I am from albania . Married with romanian citizien.i applied for rezidenc card before 10 days but i want to know how long takes to get it? And when in general they come to check at home if we live together  because they are not coming yet? Another thing that i want to know is if can i move free in europe after that i have rezidenc card because my 90 days on my pasport are expired now here in romania and i do not know if i can more anymore.thank you

Hi Nunan, from my experience, you would need to wait for at least 30 days from the time you submitted your documents; however it may vary per county as they maybe getting more applications than the others. Visits may or may not be necessary, again depending on your county's immigration. Im Filipino citizen but I wasnt visited at home (not that i know of) but was interviewed. As for my friend who was visited, it was unannounced.

As for your second question, although Romania is part of EU, we would still not be able to move freely as EU citizen does. As the Romanian permit is only valid and only apply to Romania. Unless of course, Romania already becomes part of the Schengen countries.

In Romania a non-EU national family member of Romanian citizen resident in Romania is normally issued with residence card of a family member of a Romanian citizen, in compliance with Romanian legislation. It does NOT apply the EU legislation on freedom of movement, but the national immigration law. Such a national residence permit does not allow traveling visa exempted in the EU.

You can find further details on EU legislation on free movement her: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ … V%3Al33152

We will need a Schengen entry visa in order to travel to a Schengen area; the Romanian residence permit does not replace the entry visa. Only when Romania joins the Schengen Area we will be entitled to travel without a visa, based on your Romanian residence permit

– as well for the European Union: we need a short entry visa when accompanying or joining  our Romanian husband. The entry visa shall be issued free of charge, as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much. But if i travel with my romanian wife in another country in europe i think they let me to go because like thid i read everywhere

Yeah, i saw that too but they would also suggest to make sure and contact embassy or consulate and when you do, they will tell you that you will need visa.

I also find that confusing. So if someone else could shed light on that, that would be great. We live in Timisoara and getting visa for a Schengen country in Bucharest is a hurdle.