Shopping in Paraguay

Hello dear members,

I guess this could be an interesting topic. I invite all members in Paraguay (both locals & expats) to share their daily/weekly/monthly experience about shopping. You may also include some shopping tips/suggestions!

So can you please share with us:

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
(Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat)

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
(Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products!)

Awaiting for your contribution ;)

Best Regards

For meat, the best place is Chortizer Supermarket in Avenida Espana and Zanotti Cavazzonni.  They have meat and other products from the Chaco menno colonnies.

For vegetables a good place is Tuesday Agroshopping in Mariscal Lopez Shopping.

Enjoy!

Sorry Capelo but I take it you mean the Co-op supermarket.
Chortizer is on Artigas. :D

But you are def. right.The one on Espana has THE BEST meat.I also by my charcoal there.  (and here I sat and didn't know what to write about shopping...)

To the Agro shopping I went once and yes, very nice products but of course they come with a nice price tag too.But maybe I'm only spoiled seeing as we buy Veggies and most food stuffs in bulk for our shop. Must be more than 2 months ago at-least since the last time I went into a supermarket.

Anyway, one PLACE I can suggest\recommend! :joking:  and that's Mercado 4! :lol: The best place for any first world country health inspector to go and pass his holiday :lol: Only the experience of seeing it makes it worth visiting at least once.

Shopping malls once one's here one discover them soon enough.

As for shirts I only wear the traditional Aopo'i shirts and I buy then on the Colon close to the harbour. The one hole block on one side only has tourists\souvenir shops and that's where I get them.

How much in US Dollars if possible is good hamburger, steak, shrimp, pork roast, and are potatos cheap and are tomatos available (fresh) year around?  Sandias & melones and please some prices.  Electric bill with a/c per month and do you ned it year around?

ppablo8 wrote:

How much in US Dollars if possible is good hamburger, steak, shrimp, pork roast, and are potatos cheap and are tomatos available (fresh) year around?  Sandias & melones and please some prices.  Electric bill with a/c per month and do you ned it year around?

Roughly
hamburguer         3.5 USD on street or 6 USD mc donalds
steak per kl       8 USD / kg in supermarket
shrimp             10 USD per 500 gs in supermarket
pork               7 USD per kg pork loin
potatoes           1 USD per kilo in supermarket
tomatoes           1 - 2 USD depending on season easily found all year round
Sandias            big one 2.5 USD
melons             2 USD each
electricity        50 USD air conditioning, fridge, water heater, tv, PC etc

air conditioning needed in November - March and April sometimes

I had been to CDE last week, and I found out that it is extremely convinient for drinks and others besides electronics.

There is a shop near Monalisa called Petisqueria where you can save at least 6 USD per bottle of whisky and others vodka, etc. Apparently, it is the best place to buy perfums too.

I would recommend against shopping at Monalisa or Casa China.  The first because it is more expensive than the rest and the second because of that too plus terrible customer service.

There is a shop called SAX with branches in Sao Paulo and Montevideo that has everything: electronics, designers sunglasses, clothes, drinks, restaurant, etc. As example: drinks are 1 USD more expensive than Petisqueria... not that bad.  No better place for sunglasses (the real ones).  sax.com.py  location: just before crossing the bridge into Foz on your left Shopping King Fong 2, 3 and 4th floor.  They have free parking on the -3rd floor too.

This doesn't really have to do with shopping per se but i found a mexican restaurant that is pretty good.  I do miss mexican food and while my sister was here we were driving down the road and we both spotted a mexican restaurant and shouted at the same time "Hey a mexican restaurant!"  it's called Papaggo's and it is on Gral. San Martin casi Felipe Molas Lopez (i think).