Any Americans Retired in Malta?

Hi,

I would like to revive a thread/discussion that was last discussed in 2014.

I'm not in Malta, but my husband is very interested in "retiring" in Malta because of the lower cost of rent and shorter distance to other European countries for holidays.  We visited there twice, but I feel that there is a lot of information we need to gather.

I have yet to meet any Americans who retired to Malta and have remained there beyond 2, 3, or 4 years. So, here are my questions:
1. Are there any Americans in this Forum (or ones you know offiline) who are retired in Malta?
2. If so, how long have you (or the ones you know) been in Malta?
3. What has changed in the last 2 or 3 years in Malta? (I heard that rent has skyrocketed)

Thanks.

less than 10% of expats who were in malta in 2011 are still here today, not many people stay long term - of course some do - but its not unusual for people to leave after some time.

point 3 is discussed here very often, best avoid another epic thread of mudslinging it doesn't help anyone

I think a lot of people who come here to retire do stay for a long time, I know several on Gozo, it tends to be workers who move on more.  We have been here five years and have no intention of moving away.