International School Recommendations

Hello
I'm looking for a nice International School in Bangkok for my 2 kids. Can anyone recommend a school? Has anyone had experience with Garden International School?

It heavily depends on your budget and location. Many peg NIST International School, International School Bangkok (ISB) and Bangkok Patana School (BPS) as the three best schools in Thailand by far. However, they are also among the most expensive. NIST is a good option if you're going to be in the city center, while ISB and BPS are respectively on the northern and southern sides of Bangkok.

There are also quite a few conveniently located schools that are decent options right along Sukhumvit: St. Andrews (at Ekamai and Sukhumvit 71), Wells (at Sukhumvit 51 and Sukhumvit 85-87) and Bangkok Prep (at Thonglor and On Nut).

Your best option is to figure out what your budget will be and begin searching for schools in the area your neighborhood.

Thanks.
I've budgeted for a mid-range fee; St Andrews kind of prices. But I wonder if lower budget schools like Garden International would be ok too.
I suppose I'll know more.once I'm on the ground.

If St. Andrews (the Ekamai and Sukhumvit 71 school rather than the other chain) is near your area, it's certainly a good choice. I have a colleague who sends her daughter there and is quite happy with it.

Although the quality of a school here isn't perfectly correlated to the tuition cost, there is absolutely a relationship for the simple reason that it allows schools more leeway in hiring qualified teachers. If you plan to be in Bangkok for the long-term, aim for the high end of your budget. It will make a difference.

Thanks for the tip. I'll bear it in mind.

However, my budget's being pushed by higher than expected house rental prices. I was banking on Baht 40k for a nice 2 or 3 bedder around Sathorn. That's looking unlikely. Was I too ambitious?

Our boy (6) goes to Yamsaard in Hua Hin and we are very satisfied. They also have 3 campuses in Bangkok.

Garden International School Bangkok is a great school. Our 2 kids go there and are completely happy. And so are we, the quality of education is good, the school's atmosphere is friendly and there are a lot of nice activities in- and outside school.