How to prove residency when you live in a relative's home

Good morning everyone, i hope you are doing well.
i would like to ask you one thing. i'm in England since 3 days.. This morning I've applied for the National insurance number and they asked me to prove my residence but at the moment i live in a relative's home. my question is, how i can prove my residence here. thanks in advance :)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

If I've understood your information correctly, you're from Senegal and have arrived in the UK via Italy.  Unless you picked up Italian citizenship on the way through, then you need a visa to live and work in the UK, so this is what they are asking for, proof that you have the right to reside and work in the UK; they want to see your work visa.

If you have that, you can get your NI number by registering from the address where you are currently living.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you for your answer Cynic. Yes im from italy but this is not a problem because i have an italian nationality so I don't need the Visa because am an european member. but they only need a proof of residence.

You Think, should i have a letter written by my relatives ho explain that I live with them.

I apologise for my bad english

Binetou

I would go with your Passport (providing it is an Italian one) to the town hall and explain your problem. I would also ask to be put on the Electoral Roll.

Thank you very much ill do this

Basically you have to provide them letter with your name and address, simply register on free website, eg waitrose.com, or tesco clubcard and just wait for your letter ;)