Shopping in Ras al Khaimah

Hello dear members,

I guess this could be an interesting topic. I invite all members in Ras al Khaimah (both locals & expats) to share their daily/weekly/monthly experience about shopping. You may also include some shopping tips/suggestions!

So can you please share with us:

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
(Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat)

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
(Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products!)

Awaiting for your contribution ;)

Best Regards

As I am staying in Al Hamra, I buy my fresh fruits and veggies in Spinneys...but to be honest, Spinneys is approximately AED5 more expensive than Carrefour.

So, this month onward we decided to do our monthly shopping in Carrefour. If you have car that way would be cheaper. Also, Carrefour is just open in Safeer Mall, which is by taxi will only take you around AED 40 from Al Hamra return.

They said Lulu Centre is cheaper, but I haven't liked to shope there so far.

Today I found a bycicle shop, in old souq just next to ADCB branch. The price even half of Lulu's.

For lesser expensive clothes, toys, shoes or accessories, Max is a great choice.

As for the Al Hamra Mall (as I roam there almost everyday) to buy clothes or anything for children I would suggest to go only to Mothercare or Carter. The other outlets have a very higher price, like shooting the sky!

I found one hat in one shop for only AED 40, and in the other shop, the same hat goes for AED 70! Whilst I bought a hat in carter only for AED 34 and in mothercare AED50...

So that's about it..I hope it's usefull ^_^

Btw, does anyone know where can I buy sewing material??