Shopping in Slovenia

Hello dear members,

I guess this could be an interesting topic. I invite all members in  Slovenia (both locals & expats) to share their daily/weekly/monthly experience about shopping. You may also include some shopping tips/suggestions!

So can you please share with us:

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
(Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat)

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
(Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products!)

Awaiting for your contribution ;)

Best Regards

Ljubljana
Where do you usually go for shopping?
Mercator, spar, farmers market, hofer and lidl

What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
Emporium Galerija and BTC

Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat:
InterSpar, Spar, Lidl - I used to shop in Mercator, but the last few years they've increased prices and vegetables/fruits are lesser quality

Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products:
Europark shopping complex in Maribor (H&M, Bershka, STradivarius, Accesorize, Six, Pull&Bear, Zara, Orsay, Humanic, etc.)

I use Mercator and occasionally Le Clerc....but to be honest I have not found the quality of produce with fruit or veg very good in either! A friend (Slovenian) told me to forget these places and buy from Spar.....I miss the variety and choice that you find in England London. For clothing, DIY stores etc...BTC on Smartinska is huge and worth a look. As for restaurants, I found a good place the other day with reasonable prices on Celovska (the main road north of the city center in Ljubljana) called 'Pomarancia' recommended.

Thanks you all for your contribution :top:

Hofer and Lidl for fruit and veg, sometimes L'eclerc
...if anyone fancies bacon, cheese cakes or salt and vinegar crisps- there's some more foreign food in L'eclerc!
Spar is alright when it comes to cereals, tea, coffee, bread...
It's worth checking out the websites with latest offers before you set off shopping...
I find myself going to Interspar where they sell Tchibo products and they are affordable and nice...clothes and other home products...otherwise Europark or Qlandia...

My favourite boutique is Babushka Boutique. So many lovely slovenian handmade stuff from dresses, home decor, jewelry, toys. Do visit it when you get a chance.

Are Rice Krispies available in Slovenia? I can't get them in Hungary.

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
(Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat)

- Because of Location
     Mercator: for Vegetable, Pasta, Groceries item.
     Tus: for more variety of vegetable
     DM: for healthy food e.g. Alnatura (cheapest & good quality tofu) & other German grocery products

- Because of Variety
     Interspa in BTC: Vegetables, Cheese, Juice, Cooking oil
     E.Leclerc in Rudnik: Vegetables, Juice

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
(Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products!)

- Clothes & Accessories
        Emporium in BTC: gives you free drinking water, toilet, cafe to take rest
        Zara:   Spanich famous boutique
        Maximo Dutti:  Italian famous boutique
        Citypark:  Try shop "Six" on ground floor as it has cheap & lovely accessories for women.
        H&M:  For low-budget cloth & accessories.

- Makeup & Skincare
        Nama: cheapest for Channel skincare
        Muller: This place give refunds to every of your purchase.  It sells the cheapest "Ritter Sport" chocolate.
        Maxi: another choice for shopping