Learn English best by communicating with friends

It was very good, if someone English-speaking would find time for communication.
I think that too I can be interesting and useful.

I had a guy send me a message on WeChat the other day.  He wanted to use me to practice his English, for free.

I pointed out that I would be happy to schedule a time to speak with him about setting up some paid classes, but he only wanted to chat with me for free.

I then pointed out that he wanted me to give to him, without being paid, 21 years of teaching experience and expertise...at which point he called me unfriendly.

It's like asking a mechanic to fix your car- for free, a dentist to fix your teeth - for free.

My profession is teaching.  You want to avail yourself of my expertise, then pay me.

I have to admit, that's one of my pet hates so I can see how you feel on the subject.

When i first come to Thailand, I go to the Universitet near where i live.
I go there to eat and meet people, Very soon after i sit down and start eating.
Student come and talk to me. They want to practice English.
And i was looking for someone to help me learn Thai, Teach me about "Thai Ways" of doing thing and so on.

This open up a world of great opportunities for me, practice language skill, learn about Thailand and Thai ways, Have people show me around.
And same time help out student to practice English.

Still today i talk to some of  them from back then, I was great for me, And i learn a lot from it.

Only a idea if someone like to help Thai learn / practice English, And learn back in return, It is a great way of doing it, Well i think it is.

Kindly.

Thanks for the advice

Thank you, but I would like to find an interlocutor here, not a teacher.
I think that I can be an interesting companion without payment