Dependent Work permit

Hi , I am employed in Brussels with a WP type B. My spouse has also found a job, and the employer is ready to file an application for a WP type B. I checked the list of required documents and observed that the spouse WP and RP are a part of the supporting documents.And they will also be required when a WP renewal application will be filed.

https://www.google.be/url?sa=t&sour … CXDoqRtHQH

So does that mean that if I  ever have to go back, her WP cannot be renewed?

And secondly, if I am relieved of my duties here, how feasible is it to change the titular in the family to my spouse? Are there any precondictions? As in minimum period at work that the spouse has to serve?

I want to be sure about her right to work after she has a WP type B. Is it's renewal contingent in me having a valid type B WP?

I have read previously in this forum that spouse's work permit linked to the current family-head's wp.

Your questions are valid. My assumption was that any work permit holder can be taking the role of head of the household (which gives his/her dependent also to stay here) but it may not be completely correct.  I don't have answers to them but I see where to find the answers.

If you look at useful texts section in this page https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … oyees.aspx , you will see what are the royal decrees and laws governing the policies that covers your questions.

These are the relevant ones:
• Law of 30 April 1999 on the employment of foreign workers
• Royal decree of 9 June 1999 implementing the law of 30 April 1999 on the employment of foreign workers
• Law of 15 December 1980 on entry, stay, settlement and removal of foreign nationals
• Royal decree of 8 October 1981 on entry, stay, settlement and removal of foreign nationals

I also see that there is an amendment: Royal Decree of 8 October 2017, amending the Royal Decree of 9 June 1999 implementing the Foreign Workers (Employment) Act of 30 April 1999.

You may have to search for these laws, read through and research. OR May be the local commune/ministry of interior or work, can give you an answer.

We may also wait for members in this forum who may have researched on this topic for any pointers.