Emirates upgrade

Hello, any one can help me in upgrading my tickets from Jeddah to hyd

Call the Emirates phone line (number on website) and do it over the phone.  Not sure why you need to post this on the forum or maybe I misunderstood your question?

I'm asking for a free upgrade if anyone can help

No such thing ie guaranteed free upgrade in advance. Unless you pay or use miles.

The other upgrades happen if a flight is full and these are free. What happens is that some passengers get bumped up to business to compensate for overbooking in economy (and from business to first). They are usually chosen based on frequent flyer status. For example, I am platinum and when a flight is full, I know I have a good chance of being upgraded. But this is not guaranteed and may or may not happen - entirely at discretion of Emirates and if flight is totally full. This is decided upon on the day of the flight itself by the operations staff.  So basically if you dont have status ie at the very least gold card with Emirates and the the sector you are flying is a status heavy route (ie lots of frequent flyers); you have zero chance of being upgraded in this manner.

If you read through the above; I am not sure how you expect someone here to help?

I Don't understand the concept of upgrading some random unknown person to a business class for no good reason!

But I know, none of my business to interfere  :lol::lol:

XTang wrote:

No such thing ie guaranteed free upgrade in advance. Unless you pay or use miles.

The other upgrades happen if a flight is full and these are free. What happens is that some passengers get bumped up to business to compensate for overbooking in economy (and from business to first). They are usually chosen based on frequent flyer status. For example, I am platinum and when a flight is full, I know I have a good chance of being upgraded. But this is not guaranteed and may or may not happen - entirely at discretion of Emirates and if flight is totally full. This is decided upon on the day of the flight itself by the operations staff.  So basically if you dont have status ie at the very least gold card with Emirates and the the sector you are flying is a status heavy route (ie lots of frequent flyers); you have zero chance of being upgraded in this manner.

If you read through the above; I am not sure how you expect someone here to help?

exactly what he said, it's very rare that Emirates upgrades someone...

Well it's simple economics i.e. put more people on the plane and make more money.  When economy is overbooked; that is only way to fit more people on the plane and make more money.  However, they don't upgrade randoms usually - they pick upper tier frequent flyers.

The concept I don't understand is someone posting here and asking for an upgrade.  Waiting on the answer for that :)

Well, I remember emirates back in 2005 era, upgrades were given randomly even if the flight wasn't overbooked for non frequent flyers. And as the years progressed they tightened it. Worst was when they introduced the saver and flex options...anyhow..

On the other hand, call Emirates and use your miles or pay a little extra and VOILA!!!

A free upgrade it will be  :D:lol:

I remember their promotion in 2010 or perhaps 2011 when they launched A380, it was buy economy class ticket and travel in business. When I went to their office to avail it was sold out  :P