Moving to Greece from the US.

I've hit a dead end here. I'm wanting to move out of my tiny town in California to Greece. I've always been in love with this country and I just really need some help in the process of moving here.

Hi!
I just move from the tiny Barcelona to Greece!
Greece is a chaotic place but if you can find the beauty of the chaos, it's a great place! Where are you planning to move? I recommend you to move to the Islands, not to big cities. When are you planning to move?
If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck!

Sorry Annie but I recommend the opposite of you ... I recently moved to Athens and having the infrastructure (the excellent metro primarily) and access to the administrative offices was a real asset in accomplishing the move to long term resident status ...

but to answer the question posed by graceamusic, you must start in working with the closest Greek Consulate to where you live ... there is a great deal of work to be done prior to making a move, then much more work when you get here ... I would definitely recommend visiting at least once prior to getting into the formal process which can be a real time and financial investment ... I had been to many parts of Greece prior to making the move ... everyone is different and I love visiting the islands but not to live ... infrastructure and medical support can often be lacking ... good luck!