Close

New to Expat Forum, many question here...

Girlfriend just retired and moved to Rosarito Beach from Los Angeles real estate /banking rat race 20 days ago... Loves it... found small apt for $250 Mo and tells me I can live well with $750 mo... Is this realistic / true???  Sounds too good to be true... She wants me to join her there.  Since I can retire early last quarter of 2018, wondering what ya'll think??

Sound a bit low to me. But it really depends on what life style you choose to lead. I know folks who live here in Rosarito on twice that amount fairly comfortably.

MecheDallas :

Girlfriend just retired and moved to Rosarito Beach from Los Angeles real estate /banking rat race 20 days ago... Loves it... found small apt for $250 Mo and tells me I can live well with $750 mo... Is this realistic / true???  Sounds too good to be true... She wants me to join her there.  Since I can retire early last quarter of 2018, wondering what ya'll think??

I think you should take a mini vacation and go see what she is talking about. Nice little break from the routine, and you can see for yourself.
I'm sure there is a hostel or airb&B where you can stay  for a reasonable cost and you can look around pressure free. She can show you around and you can think about it.

Sound advice... TY 😎

TY for insights 😎