Job Offer in UAE - Is AED 31,000 a good salary?

From California, on a 156K US yearly salary before tax. My package totals 31K / month + 50K / year for kids' school allowance and the other flights / PTO perks.
Given the cost of living difference between Los Angeles and Abu Dhabi will I be able to maintain the same lifestyle?
Need to sign (or not for that matter) my LOI in the next 3 days, any urgent help would be greatly appreciated

Yes it is!

I am getting an offer of 5500 AED without accommodation.
Although i didn't clear this accomodation thing, i wll be soon talking to them but most probab its without..i am a single girl and can get adjusted with average kinda lifestyle in start but wanna know if 5500 is okay without accommodation and CAN i save within this amount..
Are there existence of like single room pgs instead of 1bhk etc…and will be living there poorly in this amount..?
Hope to get reply soon

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I have no idea about the job you are going to do and your qualifications but 5500 is not a lot and especially without accommodation.  You are looking at room sharing and cooking at home.

Do you have medical insurance or not?

Even on a bare minimum budget with no eating out, no night outs, not too much spend on clothes / cosmetics; to save anything at a decent level will be a challenge.

It's all relative to lifestyle.  Movie, pop corn and a taxi can set you back 60-70 AED for a single event.  Two drinks at a relatively decent place for around 100.  And I won't even go into clothes and cosmetics for women!!