State pension UK/malta

Im currently working in malta do i still need to pay Uk National insurance to still receive my state pension when i come to retirement age ?
someone told me i have to pay UK national Insurance but i have also been told the malta National insurance goes towards the UK one under some sort of agreement ?
i have tried looking for information but i cant seem to wrap my head around it ?

gavherb wrote:

Im currently working in malta do i still need to pay Uk National insurance to still receive my state pension when i come to retirement age ?
someone told me i have to pay UK national Insurance but i have also been told the malta National insurance goes towards the UK one under some sort of agreement ?
i have tried looking for information but i cant seem to wrap my head around it ?

I would suggest you contact the UK Overseas Pensions Office and they will be able to give you the correct answer.
They are normally very helpful.

Ray

Hi

I kept paying my class 3 UK stamp when working overseas. Moved to Ireland and paid Irish self employed PRSI (pension) for 10 years.
Now have full UK pension and full UK pension.
Maybe possible with UK/Malta pensions??

There are reciprocal agreements but my advice is to contact the Contributions Agency in Newcastle. Frankly anyone relying solely on state pension is silly. It's a pittance. If you work then pay as much as possible now into a private pension fund.

The post was from February so your advice a little late!

So why did you not close it? Good day.

no advise was ok, as i am still yet to sort this all out
thank you very much Sjan

sjan wrote:

So why did you not close it? Good day.

Not down to GozoMo to close it, only admin can do that.

Ray

I've been doing it for nearly 2 years now... that is relying on state pension.

RayAucote wrote:

We have as well plus three very small pensions.

sjan wrote:

There are reciprocal agreements but my advice is to contact the Contributions Agency in Newcastle. Frankly anyone relying solely on state pension is silly. It's a pittance. If you work then pay as much as possible now into a private pension fund.

Lucky you
a lot of people are on zero hour contracts  or on the  basic minimum wage and carn't afford to live on it at the best of times.  let alone have private pensions to call these pepole  silly and its a pittance  i find this a little offensive to them not all of us can save millions but we all have a dream to retire one day and on  what little money we have

Your UK State Pension will be based on your UK National Insurance record. You need 10 years of UK National Insurance contributions to be eligible for the new State Pension.

You may be able to use time spent abroad to make up the 10 qualifying years. This is most likely if you've lived or worked in:
the EEA
Gibraltar
Switzerland
The EEA countries are:

Austria
    Belgium
    Bulgaria
    Croatia
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Ireland
    Italy
    Latvia
    Liechtenstein
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Malta
    Netherlands
    Norway
    Poland
    Portugal
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Spain
    Sweden
google xxx.gov.uk/new-state-pension/living-and-working-overseas
replace the xxx with www

GozoMo wrote:
RayAucote wrote:

We have as well plus three very small pensions.

Oh, I forgot my private pension.... £26.00 per year. :)