Visa requirements

Have been told today by two travel agencies that visa requirements have changed and a ordinary visa will only be extended with a letter of employment. Is this true or I'm getting a bum steer? I'm going to cina travel tomorrow but she was very clear that visa requirements have changed.

I've heard that too so consider it to be true.

Before you did not need documentation for a 1, 3 or 6 months business extension of stay, only for the 1-year extension, but they seem to have changed that, in that now for every EB [Business] extension a letter from the employer is needed, with the official stamp, letterhead and so on.

Not to be confused with the work permit, that is different stuff and relates to another ministry, not needed for an extension.

To go around any hassle apply for a EG [general] extension of stay, for max. 6 months. No documents needed as it is for people searching for a job. Only the 6 months is a multiple-entry extension so you can leave and come back as many times as you want, within the time period.

Hope I made it clear this way.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Ok I think that is what the lady on the phone was saying but said I should come in and she would explain.

Paid for a EG extension today, good for six months. Have to leave Cambodia In six months and start process over with ordinary visa extended EG, unless the rules are changed.

Ask jo he knows everything about visas

Bullard wrote:

Paid for a EG extension today, good for six months. Have to leave Cambodia In six months and start process over with ordinary visa extended EG, unless the rules are changed.

That's what I told you, glad your agent was up-to-date.

Cheers.

Joe