Calling Visa- Malaysia

Helli All,
I am new to this forum. I got an offer from one of the companies in Malaysia, Penang. For the visa process, i have gone through ISC and medical test. The same has been shared with the employer for visa application. It is more than two months that my visa application process started. Till now there is no update on this. If i am contacting my employer he is updating me like still under process. Please give me some information regarding this.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chaitanya.

It's taking 45 days to get an approval for category lll EPs. Immigration issues a VAL (visa approval letter). But there is another process which is the employer has to also apply for a VDR (visa with reference) which allows you to collect a SEV (single entry visa) from the Malaysian consulate in India. The VDR approval also takes up to 1 month.

There are different EP routes. Professional Pass and Foreign Worker.

The PP route can be checked here https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/application-status/

There is no online check for the FW route.

Thank you Gravitas,
I am not getting any information for the link you provided.
I am getting"No record found". I am thinking that the company registration number might be wrong. How to check that.

Regards,
Chaitanya

It is almost two months since the process has started. How much time still i have to wait?

No-one can answer that but 3 months as mentioned earlier is quite a normal time.

In the below link provided where I will get the registration number of the company

Link:- https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/application-status/

It should be on the offer letter - official headed paper. If not check the advert where you saw the job or look at their website or facebook page as well.

I have checked with my employer, they informed that it will take 2 weeks more for approval.

Hello , can any one confirm that for the employement pass , what is calling visa .. as employer is asking for the location .. Malaysia

Hello Avicekkimar,

Welcome !

Please note that this is an old thread and most of the participants are no longer active.

Better you participate on more recent threads of the forum.

Regards

Bhavna

@chaituc220

Good morning,

The Employer an process the application on their own OR they can appoint an Agent to do this on their behalf.

Initially, they need to apply for an ESD ( Expat Services Division ) account, where the information on the Company and the expat's details are submitted to be processed. After this is approved then only move on to the Employment Pass application. The whole process depending on the speed the application has been attended to takes about two months or slightly more. Therefore your approval should be coming up soon.