Shopping in Belize

Hello dear members,

I guess this could be an interesting topic. I invite all members in Belize (both locals & expats) to share their daily/weekly/monthly experience about shopping. You may also include some shopping tips/suggestions!

So can you please share with us:

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
(Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat)

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
(Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products!)

Awaiting for your contribution ;)

Best Regards

I live in the Cayo District, so every Saturday we head to Three Flags grocery store, which has very cheap grocery prices (about $75-100 USD a week for two people eating very well, household products and one bottle of wine).  We get everything there except for our produce and fish, which we buy at the market.  One nice thing about San Ignacio's market is it is you can find vendors there every day of the week, but the main day is Saturday.  I know in Belmopan the market is only open on Tuesday and Friday, so that difference can be quite convenient at times.

When I first moved to Cayo I had to furnish an entire rental home.  I went to the Hindu stores on Burns Avenue and compared prices.  Most were with in $5-10 of each other, but that is where I got all of my appliances, furniture, kitchen goods, etc.  A&R has some nice plates, pots &pans, etc., and they're located through out Belize.  I buy all of my makeup/hair products at ERA Plaza in Santa Elena.  Clothing I also get on Burns Avenue, the market or around town - love the jeans, tops, shoes & bras - really cute clothes here, better than on the island (San Pedro) since I used to live there.

Hope this has been helpful!