An Asylum in Indonesia

The reason I want to come to Indonesia, is because I want an Asylum from the Indonesian Government to live there and to relax! I was a greekcypriot police officer, and because I didn't like the corruption inside Cyprus Police, they have fired me from my job, they torture me and persecute me to kill me  23 years now. I asked help from the United Nations but they have ignored me. I asked an Asylum from the Honorary Consular of Indonesia here in Nicosia but he made fun of me. At the moment the Cyprus Government gives a monthly financial benefit just for my living. I have no family, and I don't trust easily people. If there is anybody in Indonesia to help me to promote my request to the Indonesian Government for an Asylum in Indonesia, he will save my life!   Thank you, Andreas.

Forget it.
No asylum is available here for anyone.

Post #1046

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 36#3867539

Isn't it easier to move to the UK or EU since Cyprus used to be a Commonwealth country?

Indonesia is also probably quite high on the list of human rights abusers so so it might not do you much good. Indonesia doesn't tolerate any kind of refugees, they deport them when they find them.

Also, most of us are foreign expats (except Fred who is an Indonesian national) so we wouldn't have a chance of or wouldn't want to get involved.

If you are old enough perhaps you could apply for a retirement visa.

Have you tried Malaysia?

By the way, if you dislike corruption, then why not try moving to a country that doesn't have corruption rather than one that does?