Mont Kiara vs Bangsar

Hi - I'm planning to move to KL with my family of 5. Parents + an infant.
We would like to be involved with sport activities/ hobbies and get to mingle with the expat community + the friendly locals of course!
Where would you suggest us to stay?
Not in the city please and not too far away. Say 15 to 25 minutes car ride is fine.
Ideally - a house that is between 2200 to 3000 sq ft with a small garden/ private outdoor area.
It can be terrace houses that are guarded by security. Security would be #1 for us.
Surrounded by good neighbours and have a common clubhouse or something that is managed by the community or management.
We are not familiar with KL.
Hope everyone here can advise us please.
Also, does renovation cost an arm and leg in KL?
Thanks peep

Beverly Heights

There are no gated communities for houses in Bangsar or MK.

There are some near MK but not always with a club house

You could look at a place at the top of Jalan Ara in Bangsar called The Ara. Most of the terraced houses down below are occupied by locals rather than expats and are not gated and probably not safe. Knowing your budget might help. In fact, most expats choose condos because they have security and pools and gym etc.

I've renovated lots of apartments in KL. Contractors range from cheap to way overpriced.  By the way are you talking about buying a house or renting one? You can't renovate a rented house.

There is Duta Tropica located next to Duta Nusantara and opposite Publika Solaris Dutamas shopping centre and retail shops.

Also Bukit Kiara Residences at Sri Hartamas,