Original passport for ep endorsement when applicant is out of country

Hi..

I am from India and currently waiting for my employment pass.ESD status shows pass issuance stage.My Emplpyer says that my original passport is required for endorsement
and asking me to courier it or hand it over personally.

This is my second job in malaysia and earlier with my previous employer EP approval letter and single entry visa was sent to me and I had to go to Malaysian Embassy in India and get it stamped.

Please help me if the process is the same or is it changed..as per new rules.is the original passport required for endorsement in malaysia when applicant is out of country

The process is the same as before. You need the Visa With Reference from the Malaysian Consulate either in Mumbai, Chennai or Delhi. 

The company should provide you with the visa approval letter and the VDR letter which they should get from the ESD system (issuance stage).

http://visaapplicationmalaysia.com/indi … uired.html

The EP is endorsed after arrival in Malalysia on the VDR.

Thank you so much Gravitas.
I have one more query.Since the Employment pass is showing issuance stage can the dependents also enter malaysia along with the main applicant or should the main applicant first get his ep endorsed in passport for the dependents to enter malaysia..

When will the dependent visa get through as the EP in issuance stage now.

I thought the dependents also need a VDR these days.

Check with the Malaysian consulate to be sure.

The lack of knowledge by the employer is worrying. Please be careful as there are scams reported in this forum about getting people to arrive on tourist visas, working illegally therefore, the comany never getting the EP after arrival, and also deducting 28% tax which they pocket (i.e. no EP no tax can be paid to LHDN). The sorry tale ends with deportation and a 5 year ban for the "employee".

Can u please brief about VDR for dependants..
Since I have no idea about it.
I have one query.
Can all three of us..my husband..son and myself enter malaysia together if VDR is obtained from Malaysia embassy in Chennai..
Or should my husband enter malaysia first with VDR and get his passport endorsed.
Can we enter malaysia together..
Please help.
Since husband visa in issuance stage how long does it take to get the approval letter from Malaysia for him
And then when will the dependents get the same.
My son's schooling is affected and we dependents want to enter malaysia asap.

Gravitas..thank u so much for your swift reply.
Kindly help me with how many days does it take for my husband to get the approval letter as already issuance stage..
And thereafter for dependents..my son and myself..
If letter is obtained for all 3of us can we enter together

Yes i understand about the scams..
Can u please help with these details for dependents entering together and processing time

The issance should take about 5 working days or less.

The Visa Approval Letter (VAL) and VDR letter is just for the EP holder.  I am a little worried that the employer may have only applied for the VAL and not the VDR Letter. But don't know all the details.

An application is required for each DP.

Just entering as tourists may not allow your son to be enrolled in school - but check with the school about that.

What should be  done if employer has applied only for VAL.. And not VDL..if so can VDL be applied now and how do we get it..
Or should we wait even more for applying that and get that letter or enter malaysia amd give passport for endorsement

The company has to apply for the VDR separately if they have not done so already. The employer usually asks which consulate the EP applicant would like to get the VDR from when the EP application is done (i.e. they submit both applications simultaneously).

There are slightly different systems if the EP is through MDEC. If you open the link I sent earlier there is some explanation about VDR collection process.

If the EP is through ESD then use the checker:  https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/application-status/

Please note my comment which I added above about whether or not being able to enrol in school here.

The ONLY place to give passport is in India for VDR and not to mail it to KL.

Separate VDR application can take up to another 20 working days.

Because of the requirements of the school to enrol your son, you may be better to wait until the DP applications are approved.

Check with the school

can u please tell me if we can fly to malaysia along my husband or should we wait until his EP is endorsed in passport

You can fly on tourist visa for 30 days if you want. It has nothing to do with your husband's VDR. That is just for him to get his EP after arriving.

If you do that make sure all the documents you need have been endorsed properly before you depart from India. There is a RM500 charge for 'journey performed' entries

I have suggested to contact the consulate in India for their guidance. This is because rules change and I think you may need a VDR as well now.

This is how you get your marriage certificate and birth certficates endorsed before you leave India.

Gravitas wrote:
Maheshashok wrote:

Thanks much Gravitas! You saved me. I went thru the links and got BC and MC attested.
Anyways let me summarize for others bcoz agents demanded close to 500$ to get this done which got completed in less that 3-4 hrs.

To get Birth and Mrg certificate attested do as below:
1) Go to your State secretariat, Foreign secretary wing and provide them with Marriage certificate , Birth certificate , Passport copies of Self spouse and kids.Visa Letter copies. For chennai, Location is St George Fort. It took less than 1 hr to get it attested. Timing 9am - 12pm.
2) After Attestation from Secretariat, Reach out to External Affairs in you location. For chennai its in Nungambakkam EVK Sampath Building , ,7th floor. Got to carry Postal Order) of Rs 50 for each document. Copies of Marriage certificate, Birth certificate and Passport of self and kids required. they collect the doc between 10 am to 1 pm and they stamp them and return on the same day at 4.30 pm.
3) After these attestations are complete head towards, Consulate of Malaysia with attested copies and Originals with your passport copies. Doc collection time is between 9 am - 12 pm. It will be returned on the same day at 3.30 pm. Fees Rs 200 for each document.

You can also contact the Indian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur for guidance.

https://www.indianhighcommission.com.my/index.html

This is my second time under dependant visa..
And my husband is taking up second job in malaysia and all my documents are attested

And your son's birth certificate, I assume.

Yes all that we have attested previous time itself.
My doubt is can our dependents be applied now since my husbands visa is already in issuance stage

Also i would like to know how many days it takes for dependent pass processing

Hello
We have come to malaysia..my husband under his employment pass.myself and son under dependent pass.
I would like to bring my mother to stay with us for a longer period of time and planning to apply for a long term social visit pass for her.
We have got the certified true copy of my birth certificate from Malaysian embassy chennai..having the scanned copy of the same.
Can you pls tell me what is the procedure for applying the same.
We live in JB.
And what are the other documents required and how much does it cost...
Can you also brief about the bond for applying.
Pls help