Homeschooling in Mauritius

Hi :)!
I'm so pleased to have found this wonderful website!!!

We are a multi-national family (2+3) looking at living in Mauritius for a few months/years and would like to know whether 1) homeschooling is legal (has anything changed in the last few years), and 2) where homeschooling communities/meet-ups generally occur. 3) if it's illegal, do you know what limits are set, I.e, can only be in country for 3 or 6 months a year?

It seems a lot of the other questions are just a few threads away, so I'll go and read those before asking for more advice :)!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Kaileen and family x

Hi
Home schooling is definitely becoming more and more popular here. There is a good community already.
There are fb pages to join the community and there you can ask more questions.
What age are your kids ?
Love Cara

Hi Cara,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! You won't believe how excited I was to hear that homeschooling is more accepted.... do we require any exemption or such from the Ministry of Education? I looked at their website but it doesn't seem to have anything on the subject at all. May I ask the name of the facebook group(s) please? Would it be ok if I joined even though we are a few months out from visiting? I will leave the fbgroup if we decide that moving to Mauritius is not going to work for our family, but it will help to get a feel for the communities there.
My kids are 9(b), 7(g) and 5(g).
I hope to hear from you again :)
Kaileen

Unfortunately although it may be popular, homeschooling is not legal in Mauritius.

So does anyone actually know for certain is home schooling legal or not? Does it maybe depend on what type of curriculum you are using e.g like Cambridge? I am getting mixed information about this. ????