Working in Thailand

Good day

i would love to relocate and start a new life in Thailand can one of your people contact me regarding relocating and work opportunities and whats best for a person to relocate.

Regards

To quote others, you have a significant amount of ground work before proposing that question. There is a tab here to look for jobs. Throughout the blog that are tons of information. Postings such a post as yours is not going to give you the substantial information that you need.

OP I don't think you are ready for a move to foreign country if you cannot locate the information you need and it must be spoon fed.  As Bill says its all over the internet just use one of the search engines.

Jobs for foreigners are limited , and there are strict rules for entrepreneurs . Its not impossible but take professional advice and do everything legally.  Some jobs such as selling on the internet can be done below the radar but securing a visa for long stay may be an issue.

Come on guys! More positive information. It is possible to get a job and make a living in Thailand.

We are supposed to help future expats. :)

Sure it's possible but it's more the exception than the rule with most people being unsuccessful in their efforts to make a living here.

Johandre Deyzel 09 February 2018 01:37:26

There is a JOBS tab at the top of this page you can search for jobs.  I have not seen any persons or companies on this forum advertising for workers.  A lot of expats on this forum are retirees... and therefore, can't help you...

Sorry, but that's about the best I can do... There are tens of thousands of people trying to find jobs in Thailand from outside as well as inside Thailand and we can't help everyone find jobs... This forum is really not a jobs forum...

With kind regards & good luck...

If you are the type of individual who finds life relatively easy to navigate on your own and can get 80% of the way with little or no help, then often all it takes is a bit of good luck to put you over the top.  If on the other hand you require massive amounts of handholding and assistance just to figure out how to take the first step, then a future as an expat seems quite bleak.  I have only been watching people come and go for forty plus years so I very well could be mistaken in my estimation and lack of positivity.

Firstly, If you know the people who does make it in Thailand. Help the future expats to do the same, give advice they can use. If you know the people who did not make it in Thailand, tell the future expats what mistakes they made.

You do not have to organise future expats jobs, just give advice and point them in the right direction.

Okay, their main mistake is coming here clueless and talentless.  If you are not highly sought after by employers in your own country then it is safe to assume it will be much, much more difficult in a developing country like Thailand.  They want very cheap labor from neighboring countries or experts who are not available from within their own population.  If your foreign company doesn't send you here on an expat package then Thailand probably doesn't have much use for you.    Other than that you must be an innovator and an entrepreneur, able to preserver against all odds.

Most successful people I have known found a way to come and live in Thailand on someone else's dime (government, military, corporation or god) or self financed for several years while they learned the ropes and developed relationships and connections.

villagefarang wrote:

Okay, their main mistake is coming here clueless and talentless.  If you are not highly sought after by employers in your own country then it is safe to assume it will be much, much more difficult in a developing country like Thailand.  They want very cheap labor from neighboring countries or experts who are not available from within their own population.  If your foreign company doesn't send you here on an expat package then Thailand probably doesn't have much use for you.    Other than that you must be an innovator and an entrepreneur, able to preserver against all odds.

Well stated VF, especially with possessing the ability to persevere.

Thank you Villagefarang! :)

And Teaching jobs? I hear English teachers are very sought after.

In the past teaching english was kind of a default fallback to survive until something better came along or to supplement a retirement income if you retired early from the military after the Vietnam war.  In those days all you needed was the right passport, accent and presentability.  These days you need verifiable credentials and an ability to teach.  I put in two years of teaching when I was 23 with no previous teaching experience.

Anton&Jacky wrote:

Firstly, If you know the people who does make it in Thailand. Help the future expats to do the same, give advice they can use. If you know the people who did not make it in Thailand, tell the future expats what mistakes they made.

You do not have to organise future expats jobs, just give advice and point them in the right direction.

Sorry, but there are just far too many westerners, coming to Thailand with the mis-guided notion, that Thai people are Third World, ignorant, uneducated, poor people, who need to be "saved" from their terrible life circumstances. Wrong!!

In our experience, giving advice to the "average" newbie western expat (Aussies included), is an effort in futility. Far too many newbies are arrogantly determined to learn "The Rules of The Road" (Youtube that song), in the Land of Smiles, the hard way. Books have even been written, about that ^ phenomenon.

So Villagefarang, Teaching English is still an option wit a TEFL?

ARB360
Ouch! Harsh but very true.  I liken it to the old colonial attitude or the pursuit of the noble savage.  The only difference is that it is no longer the white upperclass explorer who possesses this attitude.

Cancelled

Anton&Jacky wrote:

So Villagefarang, Teaching English is still an option wit a TEFL?

Sure, teaching your native tongue is one of the few things one can arguably do better than a Thai who can't speak English and has never studied abroad.

Though I do know a few Thais who speak much better English than many of the lesser educated native speakers I have met.  None of these excellent English speakers have any desire to teach English, however.  They make much more money using their abilities in other fields.

Thank you! :)