Close

Setbacks of a soul SEArcher

Hi :)

Is it really easier to get a visa if I apply for a fiance' visa rather than a tourist visa?

My boyfriend and I decided that I go visit him in Sweden for two months or so. I have all (hopefully) the necessary documents that I need to apply but the only setback for me is their daily allowance that I should have. I am a minimum salary earner so basically, It's harder for me to get that requirement. My boyfriend said that he would write a letter telling the embassy that he would support me all throughout my stay there. Do you guys have any advice for me?

I could really use your help! :)

Hello

Pinay I assume. :)

To answer your first question. No I wouldnt say its easier. Just different requirements.
If you have not met in real yet, then applying for tourist visa is more easier since it will be harder to prove you have a strong relationship.
There is no fiance-visa. Residence (2 yr for temporary then when you fulfill requirements, permanent visa) or touristvisa, where basicly you go here as a tourist and pay for everything yourself.
However, Im not sure it is allowed for him to cover economicly for you with tourist visa.

One way is that he simply send over whats required to stay 3 months as the tourists visa permits. Then you have it to show with a bank statement.

However you do. Be prepared for 12-24 months until they handle the case.

Dont be afraid to go read on https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Startpage.html
Click around and read...
Its the official government site. It has all or most of the info.

Actually...i think for residence but not tourist visa you need to complete a biometrics sample (Fingerprint and such). And for that you need to fly back and forth to Bangkok, Thailand because thats you're closest Swedish Embassy.

Hey Corniz, Thank you for your reply :) I really appreciate it. We actually met a few times already and have spent about a month together. So basically, it's easier to be granted with a tourist visa right?

About him not being allowed to cover financially for me with a tourist visa, is it really the usual case? Or is it just wise that I also have to prepare financially?

Hey Corniz, Thank you for your reply :) I really appreciate it. We actually met a few times already and have spent about a month together. So basically, it's easier to be granted with a tourist visa right?

About him not being allowed to cover financially for me with a tourist visa, is it really the usual case? Or is it just wise that I also have to prepare financially?

Hi Ms. Soul searcher,

Anyway if you wish to visit him as tourist visa the VFS will not ask anything to you aside from the application form online, invitation from your fiancee, passport copy both of you, thats all just make it sure you will bring all the document requirement you can download the checklist requirement check on google sis then the visa usually release upon 48hrs. But it will depend on your supporting documents the most important is the invatation from fiancee it stated there that he will cover everything of your expenses while living with him. Get a travell insurance also one of the requirement base on my experience tourist visa is not a problem as long have invatation feel free to contact me if you need some idea maybe i could help you some goodluck

Hi Ms. Kchiang! Thank you so much for your reply. This is such a big help for me. I've been a little bothered by their required supporting documents for quite some time now. Should I still need to pass a bank statement though or is his letter to support me enough for the application already?

soul SEArcher :

Hi Ms. Kchiang! Thank you so much for your reply. This is such a big help for me. I've been a little bothered by their required supporting documents for quite some time now. Should I still need to pass a bank statement though or is his letter to support me enough for the application already?

Hey girl base on my own 3xperience no more bank.statement anyway as long yoir boyfriend will send you the invatation then its enough.