Close

Protests in Hungary

Another one.....

Hungary: Planned demonstration march in Budapest on 23 February

7 Feb 18
Various student organizations have planned a demonstration over education on 23 February 2018 in the capital Budapest. Students have organized the demonstration to demand an increase the quality of national education system.

An unknown number of demonstrators will gather at the Deak Ferenc Square at 17:30 local time (16:30 GMT) then march toward the Parliament building.

Individuals are advised to expect associated disruptions and to avoid large gatherings as a security precaution.

Heard this weekend there are going to be some protests near Parliament.
Some groups want a recount of the recent PM vote.

Marilyn Tassy :

Heard this weekend there are going to be some protests near Parliament.
Some groups want a recount of the recent PM vote.

Mrs Fluffy was saying this today.  Apparently there are groups in FB who do not believe the result and she's asking others what they think.  She hasn't found anyone who wanted OV or at least will admit to it.

I looked at the OSCE press conference.  Some quite strong comments on there about transparency etc.  But also on Euronews, there are pieces on fraud. I doubt it will lead to anything as OV has a strong foothold in Brussels and they are the only ones with any clout.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-euro … nd-hungary

SimCityAT :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-43702854/viktor-orban-election-win-is-a-chance-to-defend-hungary

Yes, I saw that.   I was just in Dunakeszi and saw a sign -  Orbán vagy turbán.  Apart from being an interest play on words, it's a rather ignorant thing to say. People who wear turbans are usually Sikhs and not all Muslim groups wear them.  Sikhs are mostly in India.   I don't think any Sikhs are queueing up to get into Hungary.  I sometimes had one when I was in the Middle East - just to protect yourself from the sun when out in the desert.

Sikhs have some quite interesting cultural and community activities - one is the open kitchen at the temple.  Anyone who comes can get some food and there's no discrimination - age, gender, religion etc.  Quite a nice and forward thinking idea. 

Could do with some of these here - for the homeless and possibly the elderly or just anyone to get some company.