Nice Saturday Brunch in the Atacames area.

My wife and I will be flying to Esmeraldas from Quito on Sat. morning on the first leg of our 2 weeks in Ecuador. We are looking into retiring here and would like to have a nice brunch in Same or Sua before taking the bus to Mompiche.  We would prefer to avoid the loud touristy malecon of Atacames. El Nuevo Sea Flowers looks nice, but I'm not sure if they do brunch. Thanks

Howzit Wombat......Im interested in that area too, so pls let us know what you find in and around Atacames area......I believe there are a lot more potential surf breaks than just Mompiche. I hear there are some rights around there too......I surfed Mompiche and got pummeled on the rocks taking off at the point......you gotta know the spot....it can be nasty..........so be careful and take your time getting familiar with the break.......Great laid back little surf/tourist town. Scenery is awesome......like Panama, could use a general cleanup..........

https://magicseaweed.com/Ecuador-Surf-Forecast/30/
zoom in and south of Mompiche at the Decameron resort are 2 points. Suspiro a left, and Portete, a right. Unfortunately it will be small when I get there. Hopefully I will get the goods in Canoa and Ayampe.

Where is Cerro Gallina? Looks like a serious lefty...........keep me posted....Im headed that way, but givin it time cuz surf season on the Pacific usually kicks off in mid March........Is there a right the quality of Mompiche anywhere in the area?

dumluk wrote:

Is there a right the quality of Mompiche anywhere in the area?

Please proofread the above sentence and re-phrase.

Sorry CC.....Wombat knows perfectly well what Im talkin about even if you dont.........right handed wave as opposed to a left handed wave which is what Mompiche offers.........

Hey Wombat, where you at brah?  Im headed for Atacames mañana....Will get in by midday..........I dont see much real surf on the horizon for the immediate future.......So where you hangin now? You find anyplace which really resonates?

Atacames is just another over commercialized tourist trap. I would not recommend it to the serious traveler or surfer.....But never the less there are some friendly lcoals around who are happy to share information and even talk a bit of politics.......Food and drink prices on the beach pretty high.....sometimes stupidly high.....like $10 for a Cocoloco.........He must have been fishin.........