Wants to buy a decent furniture

Hi All;

I just moved to Riyadh and rented 1 BHK apartment in decent area, i plan to live alone. My appt is fully naked as of now excepts i bought a decent bedroom set and a couch from home center.

I have lots in mind how i plan to decor my appt but less budget! I have also gone through some local furniture market but first they are pathetic and ain't that cheap either.

Please suggest if you know any one selling off their less used furniture, i'm ready to pay high depends on quality.

Thanks, Noman
Note: drop by a msg or Skype - valuablevirus

hmmmmmm..ya need to tell me your Budget..that would really help us to suggest something and if its too low then u can always write me in pm and then we can do further discussion here :)

Even if its low, i dont mind talking here :P
well since its a new place and there isint any thing where you can spend money on so im okay to spend a decent amount.

budget: 15K
Spend so far: 4K
Remaining: 11K

needs:
1/ A IKEA type open wardrobe, need to set my wardrobe room
2/ LCD 42 or 50
3/ A complete study table to setup my different gadgets
4/ Kitchen stuff! machine, fridge etc
5/ Rugs and some house hold item.
6/ Different fashion lamps.

so...

If i was u i would have bought second hand stuff with this money.....It reminds me my old budget:rolleyes:...i guess u already know "The website" which may help u...there r many who got good stuff and selling it for the sake of Exit...Try that ..otherwise go to Naseriya or Hiraj ..for LCD u may go to Extra

Try expatriates.com lots of people/expats sell their used stuff there..

Alisan wrote:

Try expatriates.com lots of people/expats sell their used stuff there..

yes this is "The website" i was not sure i can type it or not:P

expatriates usually has overpriced items.. ppl looking at hawking at stuff at good prices to ppl who are too lazy to go out and shop.. not that its anything bad.. i belong to the same category ..but if you are really trying to save money .. as nonz suggested.. hiraj is a better option that expatriates.

Panda has this excellent offer on LCDs ( cost price offer ) this week.. you can find sumthing really good there..

oh yesh ....kami can take u along :P

when did I make that offer ?

kamiii wrote:

when did I make that offer ?

but you ought to :)

@Valuable Virus - Try Ikea first - reasonable for first time furniture.

Sparrow wrote:

@Valuable Virus - Try Ikea first - reasonable for first time furniture.

Just off exit 16 on east ring road

I dont agree abt the expatrites being over priced many items there are really affordable if u want to save few bucks..not stylish most of the time but many times u would see good deals!!
Ikea is also a good option for expats who dont want to splurge but still want sth that looks decent just dont expect that it would be durable cuz the stuff is cheap & not of the greatest quality.

hmm yes ALisan there is always a possibility to find something nice from the website but we need to be really quick for that:)

hello Virus,

If you are looking for some decent furniture, nothing extravagant then try the market in Manfouha or Kuwaiti market or faisaliyah district. You'll find unbranded stuff there which arent heavy on your wallet but with decent quality to last you for atleast 3 years.

If you want to go cheaper, you can try the second hand area in manfouha as well. It takes some effort to sift through the really damaged stuff but if you are lucky you can get slightly damaged furniture for very attractive prices.

If you have the time then you should try going in a lot of the furniture shops.. because i found out one thing that if you are careful and persistent you will be able to get some classy stuff at throw away prices..

Check out Haraj.. i think there are a lot of furnitures there. its after batha.. i think its in exit 21 or 22.. just ask anybody, when it comes to second hand items, i guess "Haraj" is the most popular. Also try here in Haraj- Naseem..

For New LCD TV if its Sony or Samsung, just alot around 3k-5k u cud get one. for 32 LCD Sony latest model CX52 its just 2k. it can read 15 file types including divX, MKV and a lot more...just check it out..

hmmmm by the way who is reading your suggestions ?:/ Last time he checked the post 11 days back and he may have bought all the stuff he wanted....:/

aewwinnnnnn :mad:

hahahaha..sorry nonz...dont have internet in the past months.. thats why...

maybe he haven't bought it all..hehehe:):)

pls cotact 00966503486734