Horror stories.

it seems if i want to stay more than 2 months in siem reap i must , as i am told do a bus run to poipet which i beleive takes 2 hours, what i hope to do is enter thailand (not sure i need a visa to enter, i hold an australian passport) find my way to the visa office gain a visa for cambodia which will give me 2 months more and return the same day, am i being overly optermistic, also will i need thai money, any advice appreciated in this matter. cookyboy.

Really easy, they drop you off , it's alittle walk through customs, get there as early as possible, then I highly recommend that you buy a ticket only to poipet, it's so much easier to get transpiration , and find it, I booked all the way from Bangkok from Phnom, Penh, overnight bus, supposed to be a single sleeper, they woke, we left P.O. about 11, the sleeper was cool, until , they stopped near Siem Reap, 3 am we changed busses, I know had a bunk mate in a single bunk,  ( he turned out to be one of my best friends in Phnom Penh)  we got to the border poipet, pretty easy to get through , ( I'm usa ) but I got free 30 days in Thailand)  anyway my bunk mate walked me  for twenty minutes to find the bus I was supposed to be on, considering I payed through to Bangkok. But I passed a lot of busses taxis , vans all wanting your business, cheaper overall, the thing is once you get to the border , you have better  , and more convenient  transportation options , good travels, I'm no expert this has been my experience, the second time , I walked right across the border ,and got a ride to Bangkok in 10 minutes, yes I believe they have a exchange for dong , right at the border ,if it's not free, I'm thinking you get free 30 days also? Look it up

This is very helpful:

http://www.movetocambodia.com/transport … -overland/

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Twinsguy, he wants to turn around at the border and back into Cambodia same day.

So after getting the free Thai visa-on-arrival [15 days for land crossing], turn around, stamp out of Thailand and apply for your Cambodian visa.

That's all.

Joe

hello expat..Can anyone give me some information on hiring a moto...I want price per month for Honda or Yamaha..I am thinking for a period of 2-3 months..any conditions required...insurance Tec..

Catchy, just come over and have a look yourself. Just an indication: Honda Airblade costs between $65 and $100 a month.

On top you posted on the wrong thread, this is Siem reap forum, Horror stories about visa runs.
Please post on a correct forum and thread.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

dear joekhmer, great help re visa run, ah kun,  kookyboy.

:thanks::thanks::thanks: