Price of living

Hi there I'm a from the uk and have a job offer in Oman, muscat, if anybody could Help me they our offering me 525  OMR per month I have to pay for my own flat/apartment and everything else, to work at a personal trainer in a gym, is this ok money to live comfortably in Oman and what is the price of living over there?
Any help would be great

Anoor wrote:

Hi there I'm a from the uk and have a job offer in Oman, muscat, if anybody could Help me they our offering me 525  OMR per month I have to pay for my own flat/apartment and everything else, to work at a personal trainer in a gym, is this ok money to live comfortably in Oman and what is the price of living over there?
Any help would be great

Shifting from the UK to Oman for just OMR 500 doesn't make any sense, to be honest. You would end up paying at least 50% of this amount only in your housing and 30% in utilities/bills. What charm do you see downgrading yourself?

Well I thought 525 omr is £890 a month here which is below average for a monthly salary here in the uk it's average £1500 monthly
But I thought price of living could be cheap it's tax free and I thought the experience of working in a whole new country would be good but if it's not worth it it's not worth I wasn't downgrading myself haha I was just asking for some advice I've haven't excepted yet was jut doing some research jheeze haha thanks anyway

Anoor wrote:

Well I thought 525 omr is £890 a month here which is below average for a monthly salary here in the uk it's average £1500 monthly
But I thought price of living could be cheap it's tax free and I thought the experience of working in a whole new country would be good but if it's not worth it it's not worth I wasn't downgrading myself haha I was just asking for some advice I've haven't excepted yet was jut doing some research jheeze haha thanks anyway

Yes It is a tax free country but if you could have done a bit of pre-search on the expenses, you would have had answers. Anyways, Since you have not accepted the offer, We'd urge you to review many threats pertaining to the similar topic and  Geeez!!!  you'll know what you need to!

Well I am doing pre research and this was part of my 'pre research' is that ok mr negative? I'm trying to get my answers isn't that pre research??
Many threats.. how!?
Sorry mr oman who's been there for 11 years lol

Kindly review the following link that has many and many posts related to your "Pre-Search"  :)

Cost Of Living in Oman

P.S, I no longer live in Oman but in New Zealand.  Hope you'd get what you're looking for.