Long term visa

Hi everybody, I fell in love with a girl from Philippines.. I just want to know. What should I do to let her came here in the UK and live together? what do I need? Thanks in advance

Ps: I don't own a citizenship but I'm trying to settle in the uk

Alendless wrote:

Hi everybody, I fell in love with a girl from Philippines.. I just want to know. What should I do to let her came here in the UK and live together? what do I need? Thanks in advance

Ps: I don't own a citizenship but I'm trying to settle in the uk

Are you an EU citizen though?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The UK is being very restrictive as to who it lets enter the country.  So it depends if your girlfriend has the skills to enter the UK in one of the Shortage professions; this link will take you to the UK Gov website that lists them.

Assuming that she qualifies, then she has to find a job in that skill, with an employer who will sponsor her work visa.  Assuming that she does all that, you then need to consider that these are short-term visas and do not guarantee a residence-permit to remain in the UK.

I'd also be wary of Brexit; you as an EU citizen have the right to live and work anywhere in the EU; it looks like that will remain the same after Brexit.  Unfortunately, the same can't be said for your girlfriend and it is all very much unknown at the moment.  You may find it easier to bring her into Italy and then live there with her.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team