The jobs that are the most in-demand for expats in Oman

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding the job market for expats in Oman. This information will be incredibly helpful to anyone considering moving there, so we're very grateful for your contribution.

What are the types of jobs that are easily accessible to expats in Oman?

What are the ones most in-demand for expats?

Which industry and/or jobs have limited workforce?

Are there any existing surveys, data, or reports done regarding this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

According to *** expats can always bet on the following sectors while searching employment in Oman:

-Finance and accounts
-Business-to-business sales
-Programming
-Technical industrial professions
-Medical field (doctors & nurses)
-Education (colleges and private schools)
-Beauty
-Retail shopkeeping
-Transportation and logistics
-Others

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, been here in Oman for 3 months i feel omanisation plays a vital role. however with the steady oil price, 2018 seems to be very positive for Oman with real estate looking up. Tourist inflows have been very relatively higher and hence hospitality seems to boom with more hotels coming up. Investors seem upbeat on Oman.

Dear Priscilla,
I am not in a position to definitely tell which  job are in demand here in Oman.  However, I will be sharing to you what I had experienced here:  Site Engineers, Medical Staff, Teachers in Engineering Accountancy English and Math,School Assistants for toddlers, Florists as well as househelp.  Office workers are no longer allowed to open a visa, also in the area of salesman.  However, those skilled workers has no limitations such as Mason, Heavy Equipment drivers, and the like.

I hope I was able to provide some insights.

Thank you

Van

As of nowadays situation its time to packup your bags and be ready for any other country where they need you ...

Cheers

Hello everyone how about doctors ....they in demand in oman??