The jobs that are the most in-demand for expats in New Zealand

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding the job market for expats in New Zealand. This information will be incredibly helpful to anyone considering moving there, so we're very grateful for your contribution.

What are the types of jobs that are easily accessible to expats in New Zealand?

What are the ones most in-demand for expats?

Which industry and/or jobs have limited workforce?

Are there any existing surveys, data, or reports done regarding this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

The best information one can get is from the NZ Immigration website look for Skill shortage category both short and long term. This is the best indication of what jobs are available in NZ.

The more you're skilled, the better you get chances of opportunities.

Engineers, S/W developers, Doctors and technical tradesmen are in high demand.

True but the shortage category which gets you residency changes quite often especially with IT people so you need to check with NZIM website, before planning and applying to come here instead of being disappointed later. Doctors and all in the medical profession have to get registration here which I am told is very difficult to pass registration exams. My Friend was an Electrician it took him four months to get his registration before he could apply for a work permit.

If you are planning to immigrate to NZ the best is to look at the skill shortage categories on the NZ Immigration website I believe those that are receiving residency these days need to get a job within nine months of arriving here to confirm their residency. In this case if one is on the Skill shortage category there is a better chance. I do not know whether those who are not on this skill shortage list even get residency or work permits these days? best is to check with NZ Immigration.