The jobs that are the most in-demand for expats in Mauritius

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding the job market for expats in Mauritius. This information will be incredibly helpful to anyone considering moving there, so we're very grateful for your contribution.

What are the types of jobs that are easily accessible to expats in Mauritius?

What are the ones most in-demand for expats?

Which industry and/or jobs have limited workforce?

Are there any existing surveys, data, or reports done regarding this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Dear Priscilla

Thank you...this information would be of great use to some of us who are trying to seek employment in order to move to the beautiful Island for a few years....I have tried all job search platforms and havent found anything so far

I too am still looking for a position in Mauritius so if anyone has any advice please let me know.

Also, is it better to come to the island on a tourist visa and then look for employment as I get the feeling the island works on a who you know and not what you know basis?

TIA

Jackie

Hi.

According with my experience, the most difficult candidates to find are related with technical positions in Marketing departments as Programmers, Web designers, Web developers, marketers, etc.

Hi,
This is surely a good piece of information. I came here on a Residence permit and I started approaching people through social media even before I landed here. Needless to say, very few people responded.
Once I landed more than 2 months ago, I managed to grab few discussions but nothing has finalized yet. For sure, it does matter more on whom you know.
Also, being a small place everyone knows each other and professional achievements are valued more than the person himself/ herself. In other words, IQ has more value here over the EQ.

Thank you for the info Soumish..any contacts on who can help with securing some kind of employment

soumish wrote:

Hi,
This is surely a good piece of information. I came here on a Residence permit and I started approaching people through social media even before I landed here. Needless to say, very few people responded.

Are you here on a Resident permit as the  spouse of a citizen of Mauritius?
Use the family network to get to know who is hiring .

If not , how did you manage to come w/o an occupation Permit ( since a resident permit  is issued to the corresponding period of the Work Permit)?

With regards to scarcity areas, we have much troubles in finding local expertise in Magento & Magento 2 IT people. We have hired some expats but we still have positions opened for these,

Hi Friends it's good to read your lines
Am presently in Mauritius and I was give few 4days visit of which I went for extension .they accepted to give me more 10days.
Please would like to know the steps u took to get resident permit .
I personally would love to have it .thanks
Awaiting a swift response

Greetings to you friend
Would like to join your organisation am presently at point Louis city
Searching for any job that will enable.me to stays longer time till I got a better place
Awaiting a swift response
Thanks

Pls add me via whatsap

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello friends, one way is to call the recruitment agencies. Castille is one of them.

https://www.castilleresources.com/resou … /mauritius

Hi Everyone

I trust you are all well !! I too have started searching for employment in Mauritius as both my wife and I want to move permanently. I have 21 years experience within the Banking Industry with predominent focus on Credit Management and Relationship Executive Corporate and Business Bsnk and a total of almost 8 years in the Transport/Logistics sphere , both as a Financial Director and Operational Manager. If you could perhaps refer me to someone who might be interested in employing , I will sincerely appreciate same.
So much appreciated and blessings
Hennie